ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓡⓔⓔ

ⓡⓔⓘⓝⓒⓐⓡⓝⓐⓣⓔⓓ: ⓒⓗⓐⓟⓣⓔⓡ ⓣⓗⓡⓔⓔ

~Dante P.O.V.~

"You ready-"

"Always-"

"You know which way we need to go?-"

"I figured that way. We won't get caught." Darius said as he pulled his hoodie down. "Cover your "D1". "

"I already did. Alright there's Mom's truck." I said as I crouched low and snuck around a bush. "I'll run to the car, hot wire it and drive by here. Throw our shit in the back of the truck and I'll drive by again, then you jump in the back and crawl through the window got it?" I said.

"Just make sure the truck never stops moving. I got it." I dapped him and sprinted over to Mom's truck. Sliding the hanger down the window shaft thing, I unlocked the car door and quickly hot wired it.

Sitting in the drivers seat, I put the sun visor down so security cameras would have a harder time seeing my face and pulled out of the parking space. Driving but slow enough for Darius to throw everything in the back but fast enough so cameras wouldn't have as much time to focus on the truck.

I drove around the first time and it was a success. Driving around the second time, I heard the loud thump of Darius and opened the back window for him to squeeze through.

"Suck your gut in fat fuck." I said with a laugh. "Imagine you're coated in butter-"

"I got through. So you're gonna go right and it should take us to the freeway." He said as he pulled his seat belt across his chest. "We need more gas. We won't make it very far on that low of a tank."

"I was just thinking that. Where's the nearest- found it." Making a sharp turn, we pulled up to the gas machine and I quickly filled up the tank-

"I'm gonna go pay inside and get some snacks for the road." Darius said as he hopped out of the car and pulled off his hoodie. I nodded my head and continued with the gas tank, closing it up and hopping back in the car.

This was our great escape. Though we don't have our licenses or even our permits, we know how to drive a car and we hate it down here in L.A. It's not fun and we want to be with Dad up in Oakland. So our plan was to hot wire Mom's truck, and drive it up to Oakland. We calculated it's about an eight hour drive, we'll switch off driving every two hours and if we need to stop for gas, we've figured out where to stop and how much of Mom's money we're allowed to spend each time we stop for food.

We're too good for words sometimes.

"Alright, let's go." Darius said as he hopped back in the car with a bag of food. "I got a lot of food and we still got plenty of money left." I nodded my head and pulled out of the gas station. Making a left, I needed to get to the highway and from there it's just a straight shot.

"I forgot about highway patrol though. What happens if we get pulled over?" I completely forgot about highway patrol...

"We won't. Just drive casually and you'll be fine." Darius said reassuringly. "I just can't wait to be back with Dad and Mama Sweets." He continued to say as he looked out the window.

"I know D2. We'll be there in just about eight hours and then we'll never have to see Mom or Dominic again-"

"Isn't it funny how we call our biological Dad by his first name?" A small laugh coming from him. "I feel bad for leaving Kaedon though."

"Kaedon is the apple of their eye. He's actually happy down there with them. We're unhappy and we don't belong down there."

"We're finally going home. It's been too long."