XLV

How are you doing, Dr. Jeon ?" Jeongguk scoffed, hands tied down with the pillar behind him with a rope he can break within seconds but the revolver aimed at his chest reminded him that it'll take a second for that black angel to take away his life as well.

"Fine" He spitted out, the dangling bulb over his head doing nothing to hide the anger bubbling in his eyes "If you don't count the multiple bruises over my body and my daughter being seconds away to turn up as an orphan"

"Nothing else is the problem"

The woman kept quiet, deciding to keep down the firearm on the table as her narrowed calculating eyes tried to guess Jeongguk's next move "Well, it wouldn't have turned out to be so complicated if only you told us where Kim Taehyung is"

"WHAT ?!" The doctor screamed, scaring the other cops in the room as some of them scurried off to pick up their respective revolvers, their shaking hands barely holding the death dealer in position but Jeongguk knew that with so many of them aiming at him, he won't survive their bullet rain if he tries to do something unexpected.

"How many times…." He barely managed to keep in his temper "How many times do I've to tell you guys that Kim Taehyung is dead ! Have you not seen the death certificate or not ?!"

The woman tsked, deciding to readjust her position against the rocking chair, her brown eyes piercing through his soul "We did"

"But it was signed by you so we don't believe it. What if you helped him in faking his death ?"

"I can't believe this…" A humorless laugh escaped the tied up man "You think of me as a moral-less person or what ?" He snapped out, earning a raised eyebrow from the woman.

"When your husband died" She rasped out "Was there anybody around besides you and your cousin brother ?"

Jeongguk lowered his head "No" He whispered

"WRONG ANSWER"

Jeongguk closed his eyes, surrendering to whatever fate has in store for him because he knows that these people will not believe him.

"That night, Dr. Kim Namjoon was in the hospital as well. Isn't that right, Mr. Jeon ? You must know him, right ?" The officer mocked "Afterall you were training under him"

Jeongguk just nodded feebly.

"Then why didn't he sign the certificate ?"

"I need to take a look at the body"

Yoongi, being one of the senior doctors in the hospital, turned to give a glare to the other doctor "I know where our duties lie but Dr. Kim" He pointedly said "You must give him the chance to grieve his husband's demise properly"

Namjoon frowned, keeping down the board from his hands on the bedside table. "I know Dr. Min" He retorted, making sure to lower his tone down to whisper "But I must report to the head about his demise" He said "A death certificate is a huge thing and it'll have our hospital's stamp. What if something goes wrong ? It'll ruin our hospital's reputation" He pleaded "Please let me take a look at Mr. Jeon Taehyung and check for any type of abnormalities that may have appeared during his death. I won't even touch him. I—" Jeongguk turned his head around, his hands carefully pulling on the sheets on his husband's face "No means no, Doctor Kim. I'll be the signing the certificate and Doctor Min has already checked my husband for any type of deformations which may have appeared during his death but thankfully, there is none so he'll be the one reporting to the heads"

"Not you, Sir"

"But—"Yoongi quickly came up beside Namjoon, one of his arms wrapping around the man's neck as he leaned against his body, a friendly smile playing on his lips. "Kim, why don't you check the bodies at the morgue ?"

Namjoon clenched his fist, his temper barely in check as he looked at Jeongguk pointedly. Dr. Min was his senior hence he cannot refuse to obey his command but he can't give up the rein to them as well.

Besides, it's getting late and his husband has asked him to come home quickly as well.

"Okay" He breathed out "But the body will be in the morgue" He earned displeased twin gasps from the other two doctors in the room "But I'll be informing the authority of your actions and if they decide to take a check before he is buried, it's up to you"

"And what if we don't?" Jeongguk challenged him, hands clinging onto the gray sheets in a maniatic way.

Namjoon just smiled in response.

"Then your medical license will be in danger"

"And not even your hyung can save you if something goes wrong"

" We got into an argument…" Click of heels echoed in the room and moments later, the doctor felt a presence beside him. Moments later, a firm hand gripped onto his shoulder, knocking the breath out of his weak lungs.

"And the next day, he died ?"

Jeongguk feebly nodded, eyes still facing the floor.

"It sounds like a coincidence, doesn't it ?" The grip on Jeongguk's shoulder got tighter but he didn't flinch at all.

"Are you saying Taehyung killed him as well ?" His monotonous voice answered back in a bland way with no real sarcasm hiding behind the words.

"No YOU are saying that !" The other police officers could tell that their chief was enraged. Unable to get out the whereabouts of the killer from Jeongguk has pushed her temper to the limits. "Anyways no, I am not hinting that YOUR HUSBAND was behind his death or something" She quickly supplied "I just wanted to convey that his sudden death was really a very unfortunate incident"

"That's all"

The doctor just hummed in response.

" We cannot get anything out of your damn mouth, can we ? You're a very loyal doggie, aren't you ?"

Jeongguk just kept quiet in response.

"Well…we should have a session like this with your daughter, shouldn't we ?"