XXXIX ( E )

Warning :
Mention of suicide / murder
Mention of abortion

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

" Do you know that if this little confession of yours manages to reach the ears of the commissionerate , not only you'll lose your job , you can be charged with charges of physical assault ?"

Jangmi meekly nodded , her eyes scanning the pristine white marbel floor of her boss's office " Yes madame "

" Anyways " The old woman waved her hand in a dismissal manner " We are gonna play it off as a suicide . For our department's dignity's sake and yours "

" Thank you , Jang-gyo nim . I'll forever be grateful to you "

The older woman didn't replied to her , her eyes scanning the front profile of the other woman. " Cut the bullshit , Hong-ssi . You know that I never liked Kwon anyway "

" I'm glad that he's gonna . A corrupted officer like him has brought nothing but shame to our uniform since he joined "

Jangmi kept quiet , not knowing how to answer .

" Let's get back to the main topic , eh ? Why did you come to me in the first place, Hong ssi ? " She asked , her hands firmly planted on the table infront of her .

Jangmi raised her head, her eyes clashing with her boss's own fiery pair " Jeon Taegguk's teddy bear is not a normal toy "

" What did you find ? " The other woman's eyebrow's got a bit crooked , a fold or two popping up on her forehead .

" Not me madam , the technical team did " The younger answered

" Well , what did they find ? "

" Well , they found a gps tracker planted in the lower part of the toy and..." Her voice dropped down to whisper " our team found two hidden camera behind the supposed eyes of the toy "

The older woman just sighed in response

" Must be Jeon's doing" Jangmi nodded "What else do you have in store for me ? "

The said woman kept quiet.

" Is there anything else ? "

The other stood up from her chair , eyes focused on her subordinate " If you are done delivering whatever information you had for me , you can leave , Ms. Hong " She said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Jangmi shook her head vigorously , her pleading eyes stopping from other to leave the room " We found out a form , filed for abortion...."

" And ? "

" It was done in a private clinic in Seoul. This thing took place about 11 years ago....it was a woman...the mother appealed for it..."

" AND ?! " Jangmi's small body trembled terribly from how loud her boss screamed at her .

This job is not suitable for her . This life of screams and puddles of blood . But unfortunately, this is the only place where people will accept a woman like her with open arms...

" Eunbin talked with the clinic and they handed us the complete details....apparently , it was a mutual decision...and the father was present there during the process.... "

" AND WHO THE FUCK IS THE FATHER ?! "

" It was Kim Taehyung , madame " Jangmi piped out, her head hanging low " We found that he was the father of the baby..."

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

" The police is going to take away Gguk within the next hour " The doctor spoke up from the other side of call " Can you please hurry up ? "

The other male groaned , pressing the phone closer to his cheek to block the stranger beside him to overhear their complete conversation. " Can you ask him if he's sure about all those things he said earlier ? It can be a different toy too ? " He pleaded .

Jeongguk isn't in his right mind . It is normal for him to hallucinate and think that 5 is the sum of two 2s .

" Baby..." The other trailed off , totally clueless about how to make his husband that Jeongguk isn't hallucinating or shit. It's not only him . When he himself saw the teddy bear in Taegguk's hold , he was also skeptical about it .

It just didn't looked the same as the one Jeongguk gifted Taehyung with . The latter used to carry the soft toy with him always , keeping it close to him at all moments so Yoongi was very much familiar with that toy .

But the toy in Taegguk's didn't hold the same glow his father's one used to have.

" Yoonie ? " The older broke from the trance he was in , his mind reminding him that he is still very much on a call with his husband " Is everything okay ? Do I need to come ba-" Starling both Hoseok and the woman beside him , Yoongi screamed out .

" NO ! PLEASE DON'T COME BACK ! " Hoseok turned his face towards the woman , an apologetic smile playing on his lips as he mouthed a small " I'm sorry " to her and she just nodded in response, turning back her attention on her own cell phone again .

The man took a deep breath , shooting a quick glare at his Android's screen before he pressed it against his ear again , his voice no louder than the rustling of the dry leaves outside. " Hyung ?! What was that for ! " He whisper-shouted , side-eyeing his co-passenger who's busy scrolling through her Instagram feed.

" We can't back out now , Hobi " Hoseok wasn't sure why his husband and Jeongguk so desperately want him to find that toy store . They aren't even sure if that store is still running or not .

" We have to do something before they found out the documents Hobi...before they found out the truth...."

A shiver ran down his spine at the words

The truth

" Before someone finds out the truth , we should set it on fire or better , make a fake copy and change the statements for our benefit . Not a single soul will find out anyway "

" Sir , we are here "

Hoseok looked out of the window , the board of his targettted shop looking back at him .

JINSIL TOY STORE

Too bad , the shutter is closed .

Judging by the fresh paint on the wall beside the closed shutter , he can tell that the business is booming . But , the owner might have given a day off to the employees today .

And it freaking had to be today

" Son " The old cab driver called out " It seems like the shop is closed today"

I have eyes , thank you very much

" Would you look at that though? " He called out again, pointing his fingers beside the freshly painted wall , drawing in Hoseok's attention .

His eyes fell on the store just beside the toy shop.

JINSIL ELECTRONICS

And fortunately, it is open .

" They might know when the other shop is gonna open "

Hoseok nodded .

He's not going back empty handed .

He isn't doing this for Jeongguk . He's a criminal , he deserved to be punished for his deeds . But if the truth got exposed , Taegguk will become orphan.

And he will not let this happen.

She doesn't deserve to be punished for her father's misdeeds . She has already suffered enough