XXXIII

" Stay away from my little girl or you'll be my next victim , Park Jimin "

Chocolate coloured eyes shot open , chest heaving up and down as if his end is near . He felt a pair of hands upon his chest , rubbing upon his chest , along with a foreign object trying to enter his mouth .

" Gentleman , are you okay ? " He wanted to nod his head at the question but found himself to do the action because of his inability to move any of his body parts at the present moment .

" Sunwoo , the boy just woke up and as we can see , he's clearly not in a position to answer . "

Jimin can see some blurry faces arguing between themselves , and everything else seems white . Where is he ?

He tried opening his lips but they felt as heavy as dumbles now .

" Shh " He heard an oddly familiar voice whisper to someone " I think he's having trouble recognising us "

" Oh " What the stranger said didn't comfort Jimin at all , his heartbeat picking up a steady pace . He closed his eyes , wishing for the drowsiness to be gone as soon as possible .

" Take it easy , Jiminie "

Oh , now he recognised him .

Hoseok .

Releasing an almost quiet whimper , the patient slowly opened his eyes , the bright LED bulb situated just over his head almost blinding him during the process .

" Oi ! " He heard Hoseok shout " turn off the damn light ! It's hurting his eyes ! "

" Baby are you okay ? " Strong arms engulfed him in a hug as he felt his husband dip his head in Jimin's crook , a choked sound from him forcing Jimin to turn his head towards him . " Hyungie...." He whispered out weakly , his brown eyes greedily taking in the sight of his husband's tear soaked face as the man looked up .

" Do you remember ? " He asked " what happened At the clinic ? "

Jimin is suffering from anything but temporary memory loss . Although , it took a moment for his brain to drive the incident from before to infront of his eyes again .

And Jimin shivered .

He remembers it all .

And now he wishes that he was one of those unfortunate victims who lose some of their memories after their accident .

" Stay away from my little girl or you'll be my next victim , Park Jimin "

Jimin winced at the memories , an almost quiet "ah" catching Hoseok's attention .

" Leave us alone " He ordered .

" Yes , yes sir "

" Alright sir ! "

" As you wish sir Hoseok ! But please don't hesitate to call for us if you need anything sir "

" Okay sir "

After the last attendent left the room , Hoseok exhaled deeply , his eyes narrowing down upon Jimin , suspicion twinkling in his dark eyes , " can you tell me what exactly happened back there ? "

Jimin shrinked in the other's hold visibly , his expressions scrunched . " Taehyung hitted me in the back of my head and ran away "

Hoseok looked him in the eyes after processing the information , his expression stern. " Jimin ah , do you know which year is it now ? "

Great . He doesn't believe me now and thinks that I'm suffering from amnesia .

" Hyung " Jimin makes an annoyed noise at the back of his throat " This is 2022 and believe me—" He pleaded " I saw Taehyung "

" Yes. And Jeongguk is the one who's dead"

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

Jeongguk sat in the reception , with Inspector Kwon sat infront of him , scrutinizing him as if he's a criminal ." What's your take on this ? "

" My daughter is suffering from schizophrenia " Jeongguk answered almost immidiately , his eyes red from all the tears he's holding back .

" Mr. Jeon " The officer called out " It would be very nice if you can co-operate with us perfectly and answer me who is the ' papa ' that your daughter keeps mentioning everytime we asked her who was in the room with her when she was having her therapy session with the doc "

Jeongguk turned his head to the right , catching onto the sight of a female constantble trying to coax out the non-existent truth from his daughter .

" Honey , please tell me , is Mr. Jeon Jeongguk the 'papa' you are talking about ? " The woman asked softly .

So they're trying to frame me as the murderer.

Taegguk shook her head violently , the little girl agitated from all the hours of continuous interrogation . " Nuh-uh " she denied " How many times do I've to tell you miss , my papa is Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jeongguk is my appa's name ! "

The female constantble glared at her and she turned her head in Jeongguk's direction to throw a cruel look in her boss's way . " She's saying the same thing again and again , sir "

Kwon nodded , giving his attention to Jeongguk again . " And where is Kim Taehyung ? "

How many times do I have to say the same thing again and again ?

" In heaven , with all due respect , Sir . Should I give him a missed call ? " Jeongguk answered , sarcasm heavily laced with his voice . 

" Then who killed the doctor ? "

Jeongguk wanted to laugh out loudly . Seriously , if he knew the answer , there would've been no chance for this ridiculous interrogation to take place in the first place .

" Who's the cop in here , you or me , Sir ?"

Kwon looked like he wanted to make Jeongguk his personal punching bag for the next few hours but unfortunately , he doesn't have enough proof to do so .

" Sir , we found the receptionist ! " An unknown constable shouted from the corner of the room , causing every head in the room to turn in his way .

" Is she okay ? " A female constanble asked before Kwon can question him .

" Yes ! " He replied " Atleast physically so . She's a bit shaken up though—" Kwon held up his hand in the air , stopping him midway " Did she said who locked her in there ? Did she saw their face ? "

The other man's face brightned up immidiately " Yes Sir ! She said that the tea-boy of this clinic locked her in there "

" Good job " Kwon mumbled to himself , running his hand through his hair .

" What's his name ? "

" Apparently , his name is Taehyung . Kim Taehyung , Sir ."