61. Snuggly afternoon.

My friends left the house, and a few days passed without much event. Soon, the day when Saihara would go through the same trial I did came along.  

We sat in a bean bag chair. Well, Saihara sat in one. I was on his lap. He wrapped his arms around me, and I could feel him smiling.  

"Hey, love~?" 

I turned my head to the side, looking at him from the corner of my eye. "Y-Yes, Shuichi-kun?" 

"I was just wondering if you had any tips for when I go into the trial later today." Saihara asked, nuzzling into my shoulder. "I want to perform just as well as you did, you know." 

I gave him a small smile. "Well, you already know m-more than I did when I went into it. There's a puzzle phase, a murder phase, a-and a mock trial. You're given a weapon and three hearts. Although, I don't think the h-hearts have any actual value to the game. It's just a way to eliminate players and create a m-motive for the murder phase."  

"Is that really all there is to it?" 

"I think so." I thought for a moment. "They may c-change things up for each group of participants; I can't be too sure." 

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and smiled brightly. "Well, thank you for the help, my dearest~" 

"You have so many n-nicknames for me." 

"Oh, I haven't even pulled out the big ones yet." Saihara chuckled. "I could call you the cheesiest shit on earth if I really wanted to." 

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh? What exactly did you have in mind~?" 

"...Shawty~"  

He gave me one of those fuckboy expressions, and I burst out laughing. I couldn't help myself. His grip tightened around my waist as he laughed with me. 

"O-Okay, okay, seriously. I wanna know what sort of n-nicknames you're thinking of." 

He paused, and I saw a bit of blush on his face. "Well...this is gonna sound really mushy and stuff, but...your eyes are this really pretty amethyst color, and you're really precious to me, so I was thinking of calling you amethyst..." 

"...That's so cute." I hesitated, analyzing him for a moment. "Are you...e-embarrassed?" 

"Well...maybe...It's a bit difficult for me to say exactly what's going on in my head, especially about things like that. I don't want you to laugh at me..." He ended the sentence with a nervous chuckle. 

My hand drifted to his face and I cupped his cheek with a smile. "I...I think it's really cute. You have a cute embarrassed face." 

At that, his eyes widened a bit and he blushed even more. He stared at me for a moment before his eyebrows furrowed and he looked away, his blush getting more intense by the second. 

"Don't say stuff like that; I'll get even more embarrassed!" 

I let out a small laugh. "I m-mean it though! It's really cute..." 

"Well, I think you're really cute..." He muttered. "...so there." 

"You got me." I teased. "What o-other nicknames did you want to call me?" 

"Other than my amethyst? Ah...Kichi, Dear, Darling, Love...Dearest...Lovely, Beloved...Violet-" 

"I haven't heard that one in a long time." 

He laughed. "Yeah. Again, it's a bit embarrassing. I just think of so many nicknames for you. I can't help it!" 

I smiled as he continued, running his hands through my hair. 

"But I think...the cutest I could come up with...is Saihara Kokichi~" 

I froze up immediately, thinking of the implication. My face turned very red, very fast, as I sat there silently on his lap. Saihara smiled at me. 

"...W-Well! Look at the time. You've got to go to the trial soon!" I rushed out, trying to tone down my blush as I got off his lap. 

"Yeah. Really lost track of time there, huh~?"  

He teased, giving me a small kiss on the forehead. Then, Saihara leaned in closer to me.  

"I'm serious though...one of these days, I'd like to settle down with you. I know it may be a bit forward, or too soon, or whatever, but I...well, I just can't wait any longer than I need to. I love you, my amethyst." 

"I l-love you too!" I responded immediately. My head was getting dizzy from the new information. He wants to marry me?! I mean, I've thought about it before too, but goddamn if he isn't direct! 

Saihara smiled, messing with my hair. "I'll give you some time to think about it. For now, I should really go. I don't want to be late." 

His smile stayed as he walked to the door. He turned back to me with that same sweet smile. 

"You really mean...so much more to me than you think." 

With that, he left the room. I sat down on the bed, my face steaming hot. Saihara Shuichi wants to marry me. The man, the serial killer, the love of my life. The person that's changed my life for the better wants to marry me. He wants to settle down with me.  

I paused for a moment. 

Does...Does he want kids?!  

Words: 850