4. God these people are rich

Eventually, we showed up at his door. Well, gate. A large iron fence surrounded the largest house I'd ever seen. He opened a small gate near the back and let me in.

"Y-Your house is huge, Saihara!"

"Yeah, my parents are rich and stuff. They're in the states, so technically this is my uncle's house. He's rarely here though, he's a detective."

"So you g-get this big house all to yourself?"

"Yeah, most days it's just me and the housekeeper. It feels so empty sometimes. Feels great to have a friend over."

He opened his door. The interior was pretty nice. Minimalist, clean, the house really looked like rich people lived in it. No mess, no clutter, no sign of life.

An older boy with fluffy, bouncy white hair walked in. He rushed up to Saihara and started to fuss about his clothes.

"Shuichi-sama! You have no idea how worried I was! You never take this long to come home... Who's this with you?"

"This is my friend, Oma-chan. He was lost in the alleys, so I tried my best to help him."

"Ah, I see. Have his parents given him permission to stay here?"

"Y-Yeah." I stuttered.

"Good. I'm Koma. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to m-meet you, as well." His name sounded...familiar.

"Are you cold, Oma-san?"

"No...I'm, uhm..."

"Oma-chan's just shy." Saihara smiled.

"Yeah."

"I see." Koma scanned me up and down. "Well, I made extra shio ramen, because I was nervous, but it seems that it won't be wasted."

He walked off to the kitchen while Saihara smiled and sat down on the couch.

"Wanna watch TV?"

"S-Sure."

"Ah, we might have to watch Danganronpa in my room, Koma-kun isn't very fond of the show."

"Right."

Koma walked back into the room with two glasses of water. "Here, you two look thirsty. Did you have any drinks with you when you got lost?"

"Unfortunetly, w-we didn't."

"I see. Take these."

I grabbed some water. Once I took a drink, I realized how thirsty I was. At home, we only drank bottled water, and to save money, I only took one water a day. This was fancy water, too. It had a different taste, as if they managed to preserve how water tastes at three am, and make it last throughout the day. I quickly drank the entire glass.

"Woah! No need to rush yourself, Oma." Saihara laughed.

"S-Sorry, I forgot my drink at home today..." I lied.

"No need to apologize." Koma shot Saihara a worried glance, who shrugged in return. "I'll call you for dinner later."

"T-Thank you, Koma."

Saihara walked up the stairs, motioning for me to follow. I walked behind him, looking around at all the fancy paintings and vases. Saihara didn't give them another glance as he walked through his home and into a large room.

LED strip lights adorned the corners of the walls, being the only source of light in the room besides a precariously hung ceiling fan. I saw a bookshelf filled to the brim with Danganronpa games, all of them. All except the 52nd season. Posters from Danganronpa seasons past hung from the wall, including a limited edition Mastermind Makoto Naegi AU Official Art that was teased on the internet for a good 12 seasons before it was released for thousands of dollars and then never seen again.

I stood in front of the poster in awe when I noticed a little signature in the corner. A signature from the director. Saihara's family really is rich...

"Yeah, we managed to get a legit signed edition. It's so cool!" He beamed at the poster, turning his smile to me. "Now, we should get you caught up on the games."

"R-Right! Um...I'm kinda new to the show, I j-just got into it a few weeks ago..."

"Oh, where are you?"

"Fourth season, after the first trial."

"Cool." He nodded, pulling the fourth game from the shelf. "I think it might be boring going through the other few games."

We sat down in bean bag chairs, waiting for the game to load. After it loaded fully, we blasted through the first class trial, joking and making predictions all the while. I couldn't help but notice how he sometimes would stare at me, silent, while I countered wrong statements and refuted lies. Sometimes I'd look back at him, and he'd glance back at the TV, bashful. Blush would creep on his face as he awkwardly complained about the obvious evidence pointing to the killer. As we went through the game, he'd sometimes go on rants about the characters he liked. He'd passionately go on about their development, saying that it wouldn't be possible for this sudden development if it weren't for the killing game. I smiled, his passion and love for the game fueling me.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." He smiled, walking out of the room. I paused the game, hearing his footsteps going down the hall. That's odd, he has a bathroom connected to his room, right?

I got up to peak into the bathroom, but his phone buzzed beside me. The contact name was "Trash Toaster" and the message read: "@ Dicktective, did u get cauht or smthn?"

I picked up the phone. Caught? Do they know?

I also noticed that he had many other notifications coming through, from Baby Murderer, Built Bitch, and, of course, Trash Toaster.

The lock screen was lacking in security, it didn't even have a code. He's kinda mysterious...and he invited me to his house. No security. He's practically begging me to snoop through his stuff, I concluded before opening his phone.

I scrolled through his discord a little bit before he got another notification.

Hell

Baby Murderer: the blackout probably is still affecting his phone

Built Bitch: yeah a power-surge that hard to make w/out any evidence better affect his dumb phone

Trash Toaster: ik but im still worried :(

Built Bitch: dw about it kiibs, shu knows what hes doin :)

Trash Toaster: ily irumama :)

Built Bitch: my son

Trash Toaster: we played piano

Built Bitch: i taught u piano

Trash Toaster: u would put ur hands on mine

Built Bitch: u changed the melody every time

Trash Toaster: i would always change the lines

Baby Murderer: stop it u 2

Baby Murderer: ik u 2 never grew out of ur hamilton phase but the rest of us have lives

Built Bitch: 0_0 –_– 0_0

Trash Toaster is offline

Built Bitch: BAHAHAHA-

I put down the phone as I heard footsteps walking down the hall. Saihara walked into the room as I grabbed my controller.

"Hey, Oma-chan!"

"H-Hey. You got a bunch of n-notifications."

"Did I?"

"Yeah."

He pulled out his phone and laughed, quickly typing something before putting it away. "Now, where were we?" He smiled.

Word count: 1054