13. Girlie what 🤩

listen the pic killed me- kokichi babe-

"What are you doing here?!"

Momota stared at us, embarrassed. I couldn't help but stare back. He was in a tight, form fitting button up- one that was actually buttoned up. His jacket was on right, and so was his apron. His magenta hair was pulled back into a bun. 

I blinked once, twice, and then uttered a simple, "What the fuck?"

Saihara burst out laughing, while Kiibo was mostly confused. Momota's eyes furrowed as he stood there, completely tense.

"Wow, Momota-kun! You look-" Saihara was interrupted by his own laughter. He cleared his throat. "You look good!"

"S-Shut up..." 

I blinked again. "You...work here?"

Momota rubbed his neck. "Yeah, my grandparents own the place. I have to look nice, or they'll be mad."

"So you work at a cat cafe, and you're scared of grannies." Saihara snickered.

"Shut up, dork! I'll beat your ass out back, right know!"

I saw a cute, old grandmother poke her face out from behind a door. "Kaito! Language!"

He sighed. "Yes, baa-baa." 

She walked out and addressed us. "Are these friends from school? Oh, you young people look so lively these days! Back when I was your age, everything was so much duller."

"No, baa-baa. These are just classmates."

She gave him an irritated look. "But they seem like nice people! Be friends with them, Kai-kai."

"Don't call me that in front of classmates!" He whisper-yelled to her, but she ignored him.

"I won't have my grandson be lonely all his life. I won't do it."

I grabbed Saihara's arm, guiding him away from the conversation. We sat down at a table, looking over the menu.

Saihara chuckled as he looked back at Momota. "I always knew he was a softie."

"Don't hold this o-over his head, Saihara-kun." I nudged him.

"Oh, I won't. I promise~"

I rolled my eyes as I saw a white cat approaching. I immediately froze as the cat, apparently friendly, hopped on the table. It decided that my lap was an ideal spot. I shook slightly, brimming with joy. A kitty! Sat! On my lap!!!

I pointed at the cat, and Saihara laughed at me. "You really like cats, huh?"

"No, I'm just...I've never h-had a pet, so this is- ah-" I fumbled as the cat nuzzled into my hand. "It's just so cute!"

"...It really is. The cat's pretty cute too."

At first, I didn't quite understand what he meant. As my mental gears started to turn, I realized that he was saying that I...was cute. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. The blush spread across my face as I froze up.

"Stop flirting." Kiibo muttered. "You're spoiling my appetite."

Saihara gave him a friendly punch in the arm.  

I heard the doorbell ring, and Harukawa and a girl, who I assumed to be Iruma, walked in and sat next to us. We started to talk amongst ourselves. Some more cats approached us, but I slowly realized that most of them were coming towards me. I didn't fully understand why, until I smelt something minty.

My hands drifted to my pocket, where I found a few leaves. I stared at them, confused. "What is this?"

Iruma smelled the air. "Is it mint?"