30. Pro Gamer cuddles

tw for mentions of self harm

When I opened my eyes, I could see that it was far in the afternoon. I had probably slept through lunch, seeing as the clouds were a light red from the fading sunlight. Saihara sat on a bean bag chair, humming to himself. He seemed to be playing Minecraft.

My eyes lit up. We didn't have a gaming system at home, and I had always wanted to play Minecraft. I stumbled off the bed, still tired from my crying spell. 

Saihara saw me approaching. He smiled as he opened his arms wide. I sat on his lap and faced the tv, content.

"Did you wanna play with me, love?" 

His soft voice made me want to melt in his arms. I nodded, not feeling verbal enough to speak. I took the Playstation controller from the small coffee table in front of us and logged in as a guest.

Saihara showed me the ropes, and by the time dinner was ready, I was getting pretty good at it. I enjoyed the peaceful parts of the game; the farming, the building, the mining, and the crafting. Saihara seemed to be more interested in defending our new little home. He killed the monsters while I tended to the bees. It was nice.

Soon, I heard Koma's voice call us for dinner, and I tried to stand up. 

"Noo..." Saihara refused, tightening his grip on my waist. "Koma can just bring us food. I wanna snuggle..."

"Oh, no~" I sighed dramatically as I sat back in his lap. "I'm trapped. Whatever shall I do."

He giggled at my sarcasm, nuzzling his head into my neck. "You're gonna stay here, forever!"

"Forever~?"

"Yesss."

I sighed. "An eternity with Shuichi-kun...torture~"

Saihara kissed my neck, and I felt his lips curl up into a smirk against my skin. I relaxed, a small smile on my face as we continued to play video games. 

I heard a knock, and after a moment, Koma's head popped out behind the door. "I brought you two dinner! I hope okonomiyaki is okay."

My eyes scanned the plates of food he placed on the coffee table. A savory pancake with cabbage, fish, and other toppings. "I-I haven't had that in a while..."

"Well, I hope it tastes good! I saw how you devoured those souffle pancakes."

I gave him a smile as he left. Again, I tried to get up, to no avail. Saihara clung to my chest, giving me no indication that he was ready to let go.

"S-Shuichi-kun? What's up?"

"Nothing, I just love you~" He muttered into my neck.

My smile dissipated. He was lying, of course. "...Shuichi? Do you...want to talk a-about it?"

Saihara sighed, getting to a safe spot in the game before pausing it. I waited for him to respond, but he seemed to be struggling with finding the right words.

"I just..." He started, holding me closer. "You really scared me, y'know...I thought that when you left, you were...gonna hurt yourself."

I hesitated, then gave a nihilistic laugh. "No, n-no...I can't do that. Self harm isn't p-pretty."

"...Eh?"

"My...boss...well, if she f-found out I hurt myself, she'd get mad at me for, y-y'know...damaging the product." I sighed, trying to find the best way to put it while still being realistic.

"She'd get mad at you for self harming because...it doesn't look pretty?"

I looked at the ground as I took off my hoodie, revealing my skinny arms and bruised shoulders. "It's not the best reason n-not to self harm, but...it's a reason."

"...Baby..." He stared at me, his eyes filled with concern.

My hands went to his face. "Shuichi-kun, it's okay. I'll be fine."

"You don't know that." He paused before kissing me on the lips. "Just...be careful. I'll look out for you, okay?"

"I w-will." I replied, giving him another kiss.

He slipped his tongue in, and as I tasted something curious, I pulled away.

"Shuichi-kun, did you try the rum?"

Saihara's eyes widened a bit, then he sighed. "...Maybe. I was really worried about you, okay?"

"S-Shumai!" I laughed, kissing his cheek. "Don't worry, I won't tell Koma."

He gave me a smile, resting his head against mine. "...I really love you, y'know..."

"I love you too, Shuichi."

"We should probably eat."

"Yea." I hopped off his lap, grabbing the plates. 

"Shit!" Saihara muttered, grabbing the controller. While we were talking, a few monsters had spawned nearby. My character was in bed, but Saihara's was in a mine. He towered for a bit, trying to plan the best course of action. 

He looked focused. I took the chopsticks, wondering how he was supposed to eat while he played the game. Suddenly, I was struck with an idea.

I grabbed a piece of okonomiyaki and pushed it up to his lips. He smirked before he opened his mouth. I successfully fed him while he ran from monsters in Minecraft.

Saihara seemed to like it, opening his mouth for another piece. I smiled as I fed him.

"You're too cute, baby." He said as he finished. "Look, daytime. You wanted to make a bonemeal farm? Tell me about that; I don't think I've heard of it."

"Right!" I grabbed the controller and placed a small flower on the ground. "Bonemealing a s-small flower makes other small flowers g-grow around it, usually anywhere from two t-to six. You can put those new f-flowers in the compost bin to make more bonemeal."

He grinned. "Smart, kind, and pretty? I really lucked out, huh?"

"Oh, s-stop it." I muttered, blushing.

"Nope. You're the best. You deserve the best. And I'm gonna be the best for you~"

"Impossible, you're already a-amazing..."

Saihara kissed my forehead. We stayed up playing Minecraft for a while.

Words: 915