18. mmhmm

My eyes fluttered open. I put my hand over my eyes to block out the sunlight. I turned over, trying to get the sun out of my eyes. I bumped into something warm, and I nuzzled into it. As my eyes grew heavy yet again, I heard a voice.

"Good morning, Kokichi-senpai."

My eyes flew open. I sat up immediately, blushing. Saihara sat up slowly, looking confused.

"I, ah..." I fumbled with my words. "I g-gotta-" 

I grabbed my clothes and ran into the bathroom. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I- fuck. Goddamnit. I threw them on, trembling slightly. Last night, we- oh my goddd-

I paused in front of the door, making sure my collar was buttoned fully. 

Saihara turned to me as I left the bathroom. 

"S-Sorry about that reaction, I was...well..." I tried to apologize. "I was half-asleep, and I forgot that we...y'know."

He smiled. "It's alright. I had the same reaction when I woke up, honestly."

"Oh, thank god." I sighed. 

"So, I'm guessing we're...ah, keeping this low-key?" He rubbed his neck.

I shrugged. "I'd be s-surprised if they didn't hear us."

"...Right. Shit."

My hand drifted to the door handle, but I stopped when I felt Saihara's hand on my shoulder. 

"I...Kokichi-senpai, I need to ask you something."

I looked over to him. "Yeah?"

"Last night, I...I saw something on your neck. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but...is everything okay?"

My entire body tensed as soon as the words left his mouth. I pursed my lips. "I-It's fine, Shuichi-kun. Everything's fine." 

I didn't stick around for him to ask any other questions. Fuck. Fuck, I really shouldn't have come to this party.

Momota looked up at me as I left the room. "There they are! How are the lovers doing this morning?"

"...Fuck off, Momota-kun." I glared at him.

"Oma-senpai is not a morning person, okay."

I grabbed some water as my head started to pound. Fuck, how much did I drink last night?

As I did, I spotted Akamatsu, who had her head against the counter and was probably crying. I pet her head lightly as my water filled up. She looked at me in displeasure.

"Oma-senpai..." Her voice was quiet and raspy. "Fuck, I'm hurting."

"I can tell. Do you n-need Iruma-san?"

She nodded, resting her forehead against the counter yet again. I sighed as I gestured for Iruma to pick up her hungover girlfriend. She walked over with a bottle of pain meds and a sigh.

I left those two, grabbed my things, and walked outside with Saihara. He drove me to his place. The car trip back was silent. Knowing Saihara, he probably didn't put on any music as to not irritate my headache, I thought, but...this feels so awkward!

He didn't seem to mind the silence, humming a tune I didn't recognize. For some reason, the small, soft noise didn't hurt my aching head. Maybe my pain has biases, who knows at this point. But one thing's for sure, I thought to myself. He has a lovely voice.

"Shuichi-sama!" Koma stood at the doorway, rushing over. "You really worried me last night. I figured you would stay the night, but you didn't even text! Are you okay? Did they have drugs? Oh, honey orange pineapple espresso!" 

Saihara sighed as Koma patted him down, searching for anything drug related. "I'm sorry, Koma-san. I must have turned off my phone."

"Well, don't worry me like that!" Koma huffed. 

I stumbled out of the car and into Saihara's house, hating all the noise from the conversation. As I tiptoed through the empty house, my feet dragged themselves to Saihara's room, where his soft mattress seemed to welcome me with open arms. I collapsed on the bed, and I was out instantly.

I felt a small kiss on my forehead, and my eyes slowly fluttered open. Saihara sat on the bed next to me, his hand ruffling my hair. He smiled, turning towards the tv. I let out a muffled groan, which made him laugh his delightful laugh. 

"Good morning, darling. It's almost two, and I figured you'd like to get up."

"Mh...no, I think I'll stay in bed." I muttered, nuzzling into the pillow.

"Still trying to sleep off that hangover?"

"I'm feeling a l-lot better, I just...wanna stay here for a bit."

His small smile made my heart flutter. "Of course. Come cuddle with me, love."

I mirrored his smile as I crawled over to him, nuzzling my head into his shoulder. I sat on his lap with my back facing the tv. His arms snaked around my waist, and his head fit perfectly between my shoulder and my neck. 

"I love you, dearest." He muttered.

I blushed. "I love you t-too, Saihara-kun."

"Can you use my first name?" He asked innocently.

"I love you, Shuichi-kun."

He nuzzled further into my neck. "Mh, thank you baby. Did you want to watch this? It's that gaming show you like."

"I'm okay, I like this." I mumbled into his shirt. 

We sat there for a while, just cuddling. He drew small circles on my back as I held him tighter. His little giggles made me smile. I felt myself doze off, feeling peaceful for the first time in a while.

Words: 845