25. He literally knows where you live girl-

She grabbed her bag, and together we walked out if our disheveled house. We sat on the concrete outside, waiting for Saihara.

"Kokichi-oniiiii..." Kotoko whined. "Braid my hair!"

"Oh, so it's Oma when you're c-checking up on me, but Kokichi-onii when you want something. Okay." I laughed as I took some of her hair. "I see h-how it is, Imouto."

"Don't be mean to meeee..."

"Me, mean? Never!" I said, making her giggle.

After a while, I saw Saihara's car pull up to our driveway. I stood up, grabbing our bags.

Saihara stepped out of the car and walked up to me, pulling me into his arms. He cupped my face, checking it for bruises. "Are you okay? What did she do? Did she hurt you?"

I smiled. "I-I'm okay, Saihara-kun."

"You better be. Otherwise I'm digging her fucking grave."

"Damn." Kotoko snickered. "I can see why you like him so much."

I glared at her, much to the amusement of Saihara. "I can see the resemblance between you two." He smiled, petting my hair.

"Shuichi-kun..." I whined. 

"I don't think we've officially met. Saihara Shuichi."

"Utsugi Kotoko. You're the boyfriend, huh?"

"Shut uuuuup..." I begged into Saihara's shirt.

He simply patted my head in response. "You could say I'm the boyfriend, yeah."

We climbed into the car, smiling and chatting about stupid things. It was mostly those two making fun of me while I tried to shut them up. I curled up in the passenger seat, frowning at my situation. The swig of rum I had a few minutes earlier was starting to affect me a little. Because of that, I slowly just quieted down and shrunk into the seat. I felt Saihara's hand on my head, and I knew he was smiling as he drove down his forest-filled driveway. 

My sister gawked at the house. "It's huge! Holy fuck! You sure you don't have a sugar daddy?"

Saihara raised an eyebrow at me.

"...Not the time, Kotoko-imouto." I muttered.

She shrugged as she hopped out of the car. I grabbed our bags and closed the car door behind me. Saihara grabbed Kotoko's bag from my hand with a smile. 

Koma opened the front door for us. "Welcome home, Shu- Kotoko?!"

Kotoko stared at him in shock. "Holy shit, it's you!"

"You two...know each other?" I asked as I looked between the two.

"Yeah, remember when I ran away for a couple of months and kinda got involved with the wrong people?" 

I nodded, still confused. 

"He worked for the people I got involved with."

"Ah."

Saihara just kinda looked at all three of us. "You guys certainly have eventful lives."

Kotoko snorted. "Hah, rich boy hasn't gotten his pretty hands dirty, has he?"

Me and Saihara looked at each other, before laughing.

"Word to the wise, kid." Saihara smiled as he pushed past the two. He handed Kotoko's bag to Koma as he spoke. "If you don't want to get your hands dirty, use gloves."

I followed him, gesturing for the two to come in. Saihara and I immediately went to his room. Not because we wanted to do something perverted, but because it was built into our routine. I'd walk in, we'd go to Saihara's room and do whatever, we'd eat dinner, do whatever, and then I'd usually end up falling asleep in Saihara's bed.

As he set down my bag, Saihara looked at me with caution. "Hey, so...I don't know why you wanted to come over so suddenly, and I assume it's not good. Want to talk about it?"

"Oh...right." My smile turned nervous. "I guess, well... m-my foster mom and I got into a fight."

"About what?"

"That's well..." My anxiety bloomed from my stomach and crawled up my throat, stopping my words before I could get them out of my mouth. "It was...um... something I was meaning to ask you..."

"What is it?"

"How d-did you convince her to let me stay a-at your house more?"

"Oh...well, about that-"

I gulped, already knowing the answer. "You're paying her, aren't you?"

"...Yes...I knew you wouldn't like it. She didn't really seem interested in anything other than money."

"I'm a lot more u-upset that she's making you pay for my time. I'm not some...o-object..."

"I know, dear." He hugged me. "We're gonna get you through this, okay? Don't worry about a thing."

The tension started to leave my shoulders. Maybe I was tipsy, or maybe he was just that great at comforting me. "H-How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"You...um...well, I guess just being around you i-is really relaxing. I don't really know w-what I'm saying, just i-ignore me." I muttered as embarrassment flushed my face.

He giggled. "Alright."

"Shuichi!" I heard Koma yell from downstairs. "I need you for a sec!" 

Saihara huffed. "I'll be back, okay?"

I watched him go, feeling a little empty. Was it because of the situation? Or maybe because of the dopamine from the alcohol leaving my system faster than I needed it to. Or...maybe it had to do with Saihara leaving. Whatever it was created this hole in my chest that I needed to fill; it hurt too much to keep it open and empty. I grabbed my bag and took another large swig of rum before hiding it in my bag once again.

After a few minutes, Saihara walked back in. "Sorry, Oma-chan."

I smiled, feeling a lot more loopy than usual. "What did Koma need, anyway?"

"Another interrogation." He sighed as he wrapped his arms around me. "You know how he is. Wanna watch some anime?"

"Yeah, that sounds fun."

We sat on the bed. I leaned back into the pillows, feeling the comfort of the bed consume me as Saihara put on a new anime called "Mafia Socio 150"

words: 916