20. Oh god fuck no-

tw: almost sa (it gets shut down before anything happens), followed by beating someone's face in

The rest of the school day was uneventful. I walked my usual route from school to the place me and Saihara-kun met up, smiling at the opportunity I had to spend more time with him. Of course, my mood was spoiled when I heard someone other than Saihara yell at me.

On a typical monday, this meant that someone wanted me to do their homework. Specifically, Momota and Akamatsu would be inclined to ask me. 

But when I turned to see who it was yelling at me, my eyes widened. A man I didn't recognize, probably somewhere in his thirties, was waving me down. This isn't good. This isn't good at all.  Okay. Act innocent.

This was, unfortunately, another usual occurrence. One of my past clients would recognize me, and they'd try to talk, or get a discount for meeting me outside of the workplace. I'd pretend I didn't know who they were and keep walking. 

I looked around, feigning confusion. "Uh...s-sir? Are you talking to me?"

"Yeah, you. I know you."

"Eh? I don't b-believe we've met..."

"No, no. I know you. You're that whore."

"That...whore?"

"Yeah. Oma Kokichi or something."

I paused. He...remembers my name? "...Oma Kokichi? Who is that?"

"I know what you're doing. You don't want to talk outside of getting paid, is that it? Filthy whore."

"Sir, I-I don't know what you're talking abou-"

He furrowed his eyes, walking towards me. I stepped back instinctively, my hand reaching for the switchblade in my pocket.

"I know you recognize me. I'm one of your regulars, you know. You don't remember screaming my name?"

"S-Sir!" I turned away from him, looking at the ground. "Please, stop accusing me of s-something so obscene..."

"Shut up, whore!" 

I flinched at his shouting, my back pressing the wall. As he got closer, I pulled out my knife. 

"L-Leave me alone...don't come a-any closer!"

Apparently, he was anticipating a fight today, because he pulled a gun out of a small holster. I froze, dropping the knife. My bookbag fell to my feet as well.

"That's what I thought. Shut up, or I'll kill you."

My head was pounding as I felt tears in my eyes. "...p-please..."

"How about we make a deal, eh? After all, I've been a regular of yours for so long now. So how about a freebie?" He moved closer to me, pushing the gun against my neck. His free hand unbuttoned my collar, revealing hickeys. "Doesn't that sound like a great plan?"

"..."

The cool metal of the gun jammed into my neck. "Well?"

"...J-Just...make it quick, okay?" I sighed, a small tear falling down my cheek.

The man chuckled, putting away his gun. 

At that moment, a blur of movement pushed the man to the ground. It was Momota, who pinned the man to the concrete and started beating his face in. 

"M-Momota-kun?!" I jumped back, surprised.

Akamatsu walked over, frowning. "Leave some of the creep for me!"

"I wanna break this dude's fucking skull." Momota replied. "You're lucky I'm saving any of him for you."

"Tch. Asshole." She turned to me. "Hey, you okay?"

"...I...w-well..."

"...Why are you..." The stranger coughed up blood. "...d-defending this...prostitute...? Is it cause...you want some too?"

Akamatsu's eyebrows furrowed. "Shut up, you molesting pig."

I picked up my switchblade and my bag, my tears threatening to fall.

"Hey."

"W-What?"

Akamatsu sat down next to me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Are you...really okay?"

"..." I refused to look at her.

Her hand reached up to the collar of my shirt. I let her. There wasn't any use of hiding it. Her eyes widened as she looked at my neck.

"...What the fuck?" She muttered. 

I sniffed, my eyes still refusing to meet hers.

"Oma...what the fuck is going on?"

"What's up?" Momota took a break from beating the shit out of one of my "clients". He took the monster's gun, walking over to us. "Woah. Holy shit."

My eyebrows buried into my eyes, which, when paired with my tears, made it hard to see. I stood up, my things in my hand, and started to leave.

"Hey, wait a minute!"

I turned to him in anger. "What, Momota?! What could you possibly want?"

His eyes widened as Akamatsu stood beside him. "I just want...to make sure you're okay."

I laughed. "Of course I'm not fucking okay! I thought that much was obvious."

"Hey." Akamatsu's hard voice pierced through my ears. "Don't give him shit for being worried."

"Shut up, you not-like-other-girls brand of badass." I sighed. "Don't throw a pity party now. I'm fine. Bye."

"Hey, stop. We're worried about you, okay?" My classmate sighed, her initial anger replaced with a sadness, one that made me feel sick. "You're a little shit, but you matter to us. So...tell us what's going on."

I sighed, trying to make up an excuse so that I could get the fuck out of that situation. "...Just...leave me alone. I can't deal with this right now."

I was only able to storm a few feet away before I saw Saihara step out of an alley. He surveyed the scene, glaring at the gross old man.

"What's...going on?" His soft, smooth voice took the edge off my anger. I walked up to him and buried my face into his chest. "Hey, hey...Oma-senpai..."

"Can we just...go?" I muttered into his shirt.

"...Yeah. Yeah, we'll just go."

I silently thanked him for his understanding, and we walked away. His hand rested on my shoulder, holding me close to him. I wiped my tears as we walked towards my house.

Words: 897