52. We love class trials

We spawned into the trial room. I looked around for a moment, wondering who would speak up first. 

Yasuda nodded. "Alright. Let's start with what we know. The body is in the classroom, and I'd say we can assume that's where he died." 

"We...can?" A person I didn't know spoke up. They seemed rather tired, yawning before they spoke. 

"Yeah. We didn't find blood anywhere else around the school, so I'm certain the classroom was the place where the murder occurred." A girl-Yasuda's sister, I think-spoke up. 

I paused. "...What if the c-culprit cleaned the blood up?" 

"There are no cleaning supplies in the school." She stated. "I looked. Nothing." 

Tominaga frowned. "No cleaning supplies? That sounds like an oversight Team Danganronpa wouldn't make." 

"Maybe it was less of an oversight and more of a decision? We'd have to get creative with how to hide the murder." 

"Either way," Yasuda stated, "We're certain that the classroom is the place of the murder. Iwasaki was killed by blunt force trauma. Says so in the Monokuma file. We can assume that the metal bat at the scene was used to-" 

"Yeah, yeah, can we speed this up?" Jinsato huffed. "I already know who did it." 

Araya froze up. "You...you do?" 

Another girl frowned at him. "That's kinda unbelievable." 

"If you're so smart," Tominaga mocked while raising an eyebrow, "who did it?" 

"Oma." He stated matter-of-factly. 

I paused. "...Eh? M-Me?" 

"Yeah, you." Jinsato smirked. "I caught Oma stuffing something from Iwasaki's room into his inventory. When I confronted him, he cut me." 

"T-That's not what-" 

The man gave me a harsh glare, and I shrunk into my shoulders.  

"...I...I d-didn't..." 

"Please, as if we'd trust you over Oma!" Tominaga yelled. "The poor thing is practically shaking! You threatened him, didn't you?!" 

Araya frowned. "Yeah. Do you got any proof that's what happened?" 

"Uh...the fucking cut on my arm?" Jinsato responded. 

"Now, let's hold on." Yasuda looked at me. "Oma, can you tell us what happened?" 

I sniffled. "L-Like I said earlier...before the trial. Jinsato...he t-threatened me while I was investigating...I...I didn't know h-how else to get him to let me go..." 

"So...you did cut him?" 

"...G-Guys like him only understand violence." I muttered. "But that part about me s-stealing from Iwasaki...that's not true. I d-didn't take anything..." 

"Do you have proof of that?" 

I raised an eyebrow. "...Does...does Jinsato have proof that I t-took anything? I don't...exactly know how I'd prove that I didn't...but a-at the moment it's all...s-speculation." 

"...An excellent point." Yasuda nodded. "Another point I'd like to make: even if this did occur, how does this relate to the murder?" 

"He could have been hiding a different murder weapon, or a note he wrote to Iwasaki to lure him in!" Jinsato said. 

"...You don't know what he took?" 

"Well, no. I didn't see in time, which is why I was trying to get him to tell me."