24. well fuck you too

The next day was mostly uneventful. I disassociated through most of it; I was a bit busy dreading my next appointment. Wasn't anything too bad.

I left the room that we made for "guests". That bitch was in the kitchen, but when she saw me, she walked over.

"Hey, slut. I got you a gift." She grumbled, handing me a large bag.

I stared at the bag in my hand, the weight of the gift pulling my shoulder down. "W-Wait, really?"

"Yeah, your job performance has been decent." She walked into the kitchen. "And you did get a sugar daddy."

"I did?"

"Yeah, that boy...uh, Sahara."

"S-Saihara?"

She grunted as she reached for a bowl of instant ramen. "Yeah, him. You surprised me with a new source of income, so I surprised you with a gift."

I looked at the woman, whose back was turned away from me. "...Eh? Source of i-income?"

"Oh...oh" Her voice was full of post-realization guilt. "...he didn't tell you."

"Tell me what."

She sucked in a breath. "Your little boyfriend doesn't exactly like our business. So me and him made a tiny deal. He pays around fifteen thousand yen every time I let you go to his house."

"You...you're making my boyfriend pay for my time?!"

"Hey, he proposed it. Not my fault he cares about you. Besides, you're literally a male escort. That's the job description, Oma-bō."

I stared at her. She seemed completely serious.

"T-This is...a joke, right?"

"You should be grateful. Your boyfriend cares about you so much. Too much. You might be looking at a wealthy future being his little whore."

"I...am not..." My rage seeped into my voice as I glared at her. "I'm not trying to use him like that! H-He's my boyfriend!"

She raised an eyebrow at me."Why not? Keep being a good little slut, and you'll be sitting pretty in a few years. This is the best future you could dream up. You're selfish for not taking the chance."

"How am I selfish?! You're the one who's selfish! You're using me for cash!"

She got silent as the words left my mouth. I stood there, fuming.

"You...you are selfish. You're selfish for making me pay for eight years just to take care of you. You're selfish for not taking any opportunity to pay me back for saving you from that horrible adoption system. You're selfish for getting upset with me after I stole you some damn liquor! You are the most selfish person I've ever met! I bet your boyfriend is only paying for your time out of pity. I bet he gets off of the thought of being a good person and taking care of your stupid ass! He'll toss you aside once he realizes that you are nothing more than a decent fuck and a burden."

I couldn't see her anymore. My eyebrows were too furrowed; my tears too big.

She sighed. "Listen. I'm only saying this to protect you. People are going to see you as a filthy slut. Everyone already does. They see a good-looking, feminine boy, and think, "I wish I looked half as pretty as he does. Only a slut would look so appealing. That's what he must be. A pretty little slut." You need to get used to people only seeing you as a fun night waiting to happen." As she lowered her voice, her hand grabbed my chin. She smiled, her voice barely above a whisper. "Because that's all you are, Oma-bō."

I shut my teary eyes, grabbing the "gift" and running down the stairs. I got the feeling she was satisfied with my reaction. Sick bitch.

I closed the basement door behind me. Kotoko sat on the bed. Her earbuds were in her ears, most likely because she didn't want to her us fighting. I felt bad. Not because I fought with that bitch, but because Kotoko had to hear it. 

I flopped on the bed, my things bouncing next to me. My hand hovered over my phone. Fuck it. I picked up the phone and went to my messages. Shuichi.

Shuichi-kun <3

hey saihara-kun

Yea

can i come over?

Ofc, omw.

Did something happen?

how do you do that?

Do what?

you always know when something happens, even over text

Babe

You're not using proper grammar like you usually do :/

oh

shit well-

I'll be there in a few :)

I put down my phone, sighing. I pulled the bottle of rum out, and took a swig.

"Hey, Oma." Kotoko looked at me. "Something's wrong. What is it?"

I smiled. "Just boss. My boyfriend's c-coming to pick me up. I bet he wouldn't mind bringing you a-along."

"Oh, a boyfriend? Who is he~?"

"He is out of your league, hon. Nice try t-though."

"You have to ruin my fun." She pouted.

"You don't even have a c-chance."

"Yeah, because you're amazing at everything."

"Not e-everything, I still can't get that whore u-upstairs to shut up."

Kotoko reached for the rum with her good arm, but I pulled it away.

"No, last t-time you had alcohol, it was without supervision, and you b-broke your arm."

"I did that sober, stupid. Remember? She won't make me do gross stuff if I'm injured."

"The f-fact that you did that sober proves that you're too u-unhinged for alcohol. I said no. Besides, she said it was f-for me."

She sat up, her eyebrows furrowed. "You're unhinged too! How come you get it?"

"Well, A: I don't have a broken arm. B: I'm 17. C: I o-only use this shit so that I don't remember the gross stuff she makes me do. And D: A-Apparently, she likes the idea of me having a sugar daddy, despite the fact t-that I don't have a sugar daddy."

She gave me her puppy dog eyes.

I sighed. "I'm not g-going to let you have any, Kotoko-imouto."

"You're so meeeeeaan." She pouted. 

"I'm just looking o-out for you. You don't want to get addicted to this stuff. She'll u-use that against you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Knowing her, she's p-probably gonna try to get me addicted so I become more dependent on her. S-She's fucked up like that."

"Damn."

I grabbed my bag, shoving the bottle of rum in it. Kotoko looked up at me.

"Can I really come with you?"

"I don't see w-why not."

She smiled, getting up. She grabbed her bag and together we walked out of our disheveled house.

Words: 989