1. Wonderfully Wrong, Horribly Right.

I walked through the dark alley. I took this obscure route through alleys to avoid people I didn't like. A serial killer podcast played in my ears, warning me to run away from anyone wearing a gas mask. Apparently, this new serial killer was killing people with deadly gas. The GPS on my phone shone brightly in the damp, dark space.

Until it didn't.

I scrolled up, reloading the page. I was met with a blank screen with simple text: No internet connection. I looked up and sighed. The alley forked in front of me.

"Shit." I mumbled. "W-Which way was it?"

I stared at the identical paths before deciding on one of them. I'm about to get lost, I thought to myself.

Turns out, I was right. I stumbled through the alley, not recognizing anything around me.

After a while, I checked the time. 4:30, no wi-fi, and I was still lost. The lights that usually lit the area were all dark. I'm guessing there was some sort of blackout. Maybe a car drove into a power line?

Some shuffling and groaning coming from one of the alleys shook me out of my thoughts. I peered around the corner and saw a guy my age. He was wearing a black suit and a matching hat that covered and framed his face. His hair was a dark navy, almost like the night sky. He dragged a trashbag to a dumpster and hauled it over his shoulder. It was dark, but I thought I saw trail of pink following the suspicious bag.

I hid behind the corner, sliding down on the wall. Is he...hiding a body? Did he kill someone? What's going on? Why can't I move? Am I seriously frozen in fear? Doesn't that only happen in movies and fanfiction?

I tried to collect my thoughts. Okay. I just need to get up and walk away. I tried to move, but my heart was going a mile a minute. I just need to get up...and walk away...get up...and...

"Oh. Well, hello there." I heard a voice say. The man from before stood beside me. He smiled and crouched down, sitting next to my still-frozen body. "Are you lost?"

I turned to look him in the eyes. They were a light gray. His smile was eerily warm, for someone hiding a body at least. No, I must have been imagining things. He couldn't have... right? I felt a little less anxious.

"Oh, where are my manners? My name's Saihara."

" O-Oma. My wi-fi shut d-down a while ago...I-I guess I am lost."

"Same here. I was trying to get home from school and...well, here I am."

"I see."

"But, hey, don't worry!" He stood up and stretched a hand out to me. "We can be lost together, if you'd like."

I stared at his out-stretched hand. He has a warm smile, a calm demeanor, and, well, he is pretty handsome. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Everyone likes company in odd situations. What could go wrong?

"S-Sure!"

He pulled me off the ground. "Which way did you come from?"

I pointed in the general direction, and he marched over. When I didn't follow, he turned to me and asked, "You coming?"

"Y-Yeah... just give me a sec..." I picked up my bookbag and followed the handsome man. "Saihara, right?"

"Yep. So...how has your day been?"

"Do y-you want honesty or small talk?"

He laughed at my blunt response. It was an unfairly lovely laugh."I'm guessing that means not so great. Did something happen?"

"Nothing unusual, o-other than the sudden wi-fi shut-down."

"Ah, so everyday isn't great. Relatable."