8. School. It happens to the best of us.

"O...cha...ma...an...Oma-ch....Oma-chan!"

I groggily opened my eyes. "Hmm?"

"Wake up, Oma-chan! We're gonna be late!"

"H-Huh?! What time is it?"

"About 6:45. I let you sleep in while I got ready, but if we don't get up now, we're gonna be late walking to school!"

"R-Right!" I got up, feeling very energized. He brushed out his bed-head, while I combed my fingers through my hair. As he brushed his teeth, I looked in the mirror, checking that I looked at least decent. I took my book bag and headed to the door, Saihara-kun behind me.

"Oh, almost forgot!" I heard Saihara say. I turned to see him rushing to the kitchen. He came bag with two apples. "Are these okay for breakfast?"

"T-Thank you, Saihara-kun. Those are great for breakfast."

"'Kay, let's go." He smiled at me.

We headed out the door, walking around the fancy yard and down the path, into the more populated city. He headed down a path, his phone providing a dim light in the damp alley. As we made our way through the alleys, I felt a bit more comfortable around him. I felt like he wasn't going to hurt me after all. We exchanged numbers as we arrived at the school.

Once we got there, Harukawa-san greeted me. She seemed surprised that we knew each other, but happy that she didn't have to introduce us.

"I didn't want things to be awkward." She laughed.

"Harukawa-chan is so considerate." Saihara-kun teased.

"Shut up."

We made our way through the school, separating at our lockers. I walked into my homeroom, happy to be one of the first people there. As I did, I got a text from Harukawa-san.

HaruMaki

You know he has a crush on you, right?

I don't know what you mean

Liar

You know exactly what I mean

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

Do you like Saihara back?

I've only known him for a day- I-

Oh, please.

You had a small thing for that guy with white hair, but you got over it after two days. Don't give me that "OnlY knOwN HiM fOr A dAy" bs.

Shut up

Make me

I will

How

I won't make you cookies next time I come over >:^

Nuuuu

You're torturing meee

I put down my phone as the lecture began. About halfway in, I got a text from Saihara-kun.

Saihara <3

It's so boooring

Yeah, teachers kinda suck.

My math teacher doesn't know how to explain math.