11. Wenometchainthasuma

Hey so there's mentioned ab*se, just so you know.

The day progressed slowly. Math, history, chemistry. My usual schedule. My savior, lunch, came fast. I took a seat next to Saihara and Harukawa.

Harukawa started the conversation off pleasantly. "Any handholding yet?"

"No. Unless?" Saihara smirked ironically.

"Unless?" I responded.

H made an V with his index finger and his thumb and put it up to his chin. He then bit his bottom lip and raised his eyebrows. 

I put my hand up to my mouth, trying to hold in my laughter. "Not the fuckboy face-"

"Oh absolutely the fuckboy face-"

Harukawa interrupted him by snorting. We all burst into laughter at the sound, unable to hold ourselves back. 

I tried to collect myself. "Did...did you h-have to snort?"

"I couldn't stop myself! It's been so long since I had a good laugh!" Harukawa pouted.

My laughter paused when I saw a stranger approaching us. He had long, dark hair and wore a mask.

"Excuse me, are you Oma?"

I looked at him. "Yes?"

He nodded, bowing slightly. "I wanted to apologize for my boyfriend, Amami's behavior yesterday. He's...very touchy."

"Ah, i-it's alright! I'm sorry for snapping a-at him!"

He squinted at me for a moment. "He needs to be snapped at every once in a while. I do, however, find you oddly familiar. Have we met before?"

I studied him for a moment. "W-What is your name?"

"Shinguji Korekiyo. And you?"

I paused, thinking for a moment. Then it hit me. The orphanage I stayed at for a few months. "Kork?!"

Shinguji seemed startled. "...Kichi?!"

"Holy shit, it's been so long! How are you?"

"I'm doing pretty well! You?"

"Not exactly...the g-greatest, but I'm working with it. Sit down, we h-have to catch up!"

Shinguji took a seat as I introduced him to my friends.

Saihara smiled. "How did you two meet?"

"O-Oh, ah..."How the fuck do I say we met at an orphanage- "-we went to the same s-summer camp back in middle school. Right, Shinguji-kun?"

I nudged him slightly, as if to say "Please go along with this!"

He nodded. "Yes. A summer camp." 

 I tried to thank him with my eyes. "We were the only non-athletic kids in the camp, so we bonded pretty well."

"I do have to ask; how is your sister, Kotoko?" Shinguji inquired.

"Oh. She-She broke her arm, but other than that, she's doing okay." I responded. "Are you still hanging out with that girl?"

Shinguji understood what I meant. "No, no. She...transferred."

"Good. She was awful."

"Yes. A shame." Shinguji responded, his tone almost bittersweet.

I felt Saihara squirm beside me. "So, now, you're dating Amami?" He asked, his tone slightly bitter.

"Yes..." Shinguji looked at him, then looked back at me in confusion. "Despite how he seems, Amami is a good boyfriend. They're poly-amorous, and I'm not particularly a jealous person."

I nodded. "They just need some self control..."

"We're working on that. Speaking of, I should probably make sure he's not bothering anyone. Great seeing you again, Oma-san."

He walked away with a smile. I waved him off and turned to my friends.

"Oo~h, look at your face right now!" Harukawa pointed a chopstick at Saihara, who had a fake smile on. "You're totally fuming!"

I looked over as he spoke in a forced-cheerful tone. "What are you talking about, Harukawa?"

"Oh, please. You're totally jealous."

"Jealous? Of what?"

She huffed. "Oh, nevermind."

My eyes drifted to his face. I didn't quite understand. What would Saihara be jealous of? Harukawa only pointed it out when Shinguji left, so does it have to do with him?

My long-time best friend pulled out her phone and smiled. "You know, me, Iruma, and Kiibo wanted to go to this cafe in Saitama. Did you guys want to go?"

"Hmm..."I have a client today since yesterday was supposed to be my free day. Since they arrive at 6, I should be able to make it if I plan to leave at 5:15 pm. "I think it could be fun, but I might leave early; I have to be home by 5:30. What about you, Saihara-kun?"

"Yeah-" The bell interrupted him. "I'll go." He smiled.

We grabbed our things and went our separate ways.

Through the day, my mind drifted off to when I first met Shinguji. He and I met in an orphanage, and we basically trauma dumped on each other. I remembered his story as I doodled in study hall.

His parents were never really there. Both had a lot of work to do. His sister was rather abusive. Eventually, he ran away and ended up in the same orphanage I was staying in, back when I was twelve...

I shook those thoughts out of my head. I really don't need to remember that right now. Yet, my thoughts seemed to have other plans. 

The fight. The vase. Mom. The belt. And...him.

I put in my earbuds in and blasted my music. Magical Doctor, Maretu. Perfect.

(Loud noises and screaming lmao)

My drawings became more aggressive as I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to focus on something, anything else but my own thoughts. 

After a while, those thoughts went away. I sighed and packed up my things, ready for the day to be over. 

Words: 835