33. its so fucking hard to write school scenes-

I sighed as I stared at the test in front of me. Mondays were awful, especially from my history teacher. She gave me a test as soon as I sat down.

My mind drifted to the night before, and I giggled to myself. The teacher gave me a glare, and I pursed my lips, trying to focus. Thoughts of Saihara and the way he made me feel ran through my head. 

Soon, I handed in my test and sat down, drawing for the rest of the period. Before I knew it, my sketchbook was filled with drawings of my boyfriend. Not family friendly drawings, either. I covered my drawings as I tried to think of anything else. Nothing came to mind. 

Yep. I'm down bad for this man.

The bell rang, and I packed up my stuff. I walked out to the lunch room and sat next to my boyfriend. Kiibo joined us.

"Harukawa-chan is answering another letter from her secret admirers." Saihara muttered.

I sighed. Me and Harukawa often got little notes from classmates telling us about their love for us. 

"So...wanna tell me why the fuck Saihara was begging me for your address last week?" Kiibo asked me.

I looked away from him, my shame crawling into my throat. "...You know w-whats going on at my house, don't you?"

"No shit." They sipped their soda with a frown.

"And you didn't tell me as soon as you learned it." Saihara pouted.

"Well, yeah. That's something Oma-senpai had to tell you himself."

I pursed my lips. "Can we just...not? I'm...not r-ready to discuss...that."

"Sure..." They locked eyes with me. "...but just know that as soon as I can find the website you guys are using to get clients, your pals are going at the top of our list."

"Fuck yeah!" Saihara grinned.

I put my hand against my forehead. I am already dealing with enough.

Harukawa saved me--thank god--by joining us. "Stupid love letters."

"Who was it?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"...Well, I probably shouldn't tell. You guys know him."

Saihara frowned. "It better not be Amami."

"Fuck, are you kidding? If it was Amami I'd kill myself."

"Good. That perv."

"Plus, you know he has his eyes on Oma-senpai."

"Yeah. I do. And I don't fucking like it."

I held Saihara's hand under the table. "He won't d-do a thing to me, Shuichi-kun. You don't have to w-worry."

"I know, but still..." He frowned, squeezing my hand. "I love you..."

"I love you too."

Kiibo let out a joking snore, as if we were boring him. "No more mushy stuff. And no more talk about Amami."

"Yeah, you two divorced huh?" Saihara smirked. 

"We weren't married."

"You acted like it though."

"I'm starting to hope you two divorce." He gestured at me and Saihara.

"Never~"

I smiled, looking away from him. The bell rang, and we left the cafeteria.

My locker was messy, of course. I went through it, trying to find my binder for my next period. Of course, the sight of a folded notebook paper caught my attention. I unfolded it and read the contents.

Oma-Senpai,

I've never done this before, but I wanted to try. I love you. A lot. And I wanted to see how you felt. Meet me at the cherry tree after school?

Signed, A secret admirer.

Ps. You know me well.

I sighed. Of course, someone had also put a note in my locker. It was probably two guys who worked up the courage to ask out their crush together. A "if you do it, I'll do it" scenario. It wasn't uncommon. I wasn't too excited to live up to the title of "crush" and crush this person's spirit. But if I know them well...I should probably clear up any miscommunication.

I made it through the rest of my day without much conflict. By the end of the day, I was almost ready to hurt someone's feelings. I had the script prepared. I'd give them a respectful bow and explain that I have a boyfriend, and that I wasn't interested. Nothing too harsh.

I walked to the cherry blossom tree, dreading the look on their face. I closed my eyes tight, and at the sound of footsteps, I bowed slightly.

"I'm sorry to d-disappoint, but I have a boyfriend! I'm not interested in a-a relationship at this time. Please, don't be m-mad..." I said with my eyes closed.

"...So that's how you'd react to a love letter." 

The unmistakable voice of my boyfriend made me open my eyes in confusion. "S-Shuichi-kun?"

He smiled at me, his eyes full of adoration. "Sorry about the trickery. I wanted to see your reaction. Plus...like I said, I've never done something like this before."

"...You really are a hopeless romantic." I smiled, recalling his words the night before. 

He opened his arms up to me. "Do you love me, Kokichi-senpai?"

"Hmmm..." I put my hand to my face, faking a thinking pose. "T-That's a real head-scratcher. D-Do I?"

"Well, I'm not sure~"

I smiled, hugging him tight. "I do~!"

He kissed me on the forehead with a smirk.

Words: 812