Chapter 59: High End

"Shit!" Inasa and I yell at the same time as the Nomu hit the building, both of us using our wind to protect ourselves and our dad.

"Inasa! Irisa!" Our dad yells out, standing up once the initial explosion caused by the Nomu stops. "We need to evacuate and help the citizens out of the building! Inasa, you're with me, Irisa, help from outside!"

"Chickadee!" I hear Hawks's voice from outside the shattered window, turning to face him to see him sending out feathers to likely help the citizens too. I know he's fast, but I wonder how he got here so quickly. "You're licensed to help, so come with me!"

I don't hesitate to jump out of the window, my wind carrying me to his side as I assess the situation. I see people screaming on the lower levels as the building starts to crumble all around them. I go floor by floor, taking the people out of the shattered windows and helping them down safely to the street below, where I instruct them to head away from the building and to guide anyone else they see away as well. Between myself and Hawks, we manage to get the building evacuated just in time before it completely crashes down to the ground. My dad and Inasa were the last two to leave the building, and I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw those two leading the citizens away to safety.

I couldn't relax for long though since several smaller Nomus were spit out of the larger one and started to the flood the area and attack the survivors. I immediately jumped into battle with one while Hawks took on another. I could see Inasa being held back by our dad, the desperation to help in his eyes. I know why our dad is holding him back though, Inasa doesn't have a license and as stupid as it is, he could get in trouble for attacking the Nomus. He's allowed to defend himself in an emergency situation, all citizens are, but he's not allowed to attack. At least I know if a Nomu goes near them, my brother will handle it.

"I'm not suited to fighting these things, we need to think of a new plan. And Endeavor needs help too!" Hawks says, panting as his wings barely have any feathers and he wields one of his larger feathers that's sharpened into a blade. I didn't realize Endeavor was here, but now that I look around I can see him fighting the original large Nomu that crashed into the building.

"I can handle these for now, go and help him and I'll join when backup arrives!" I yell to my mentor, proving my point as I cross my arms in front of me and fling them back open quickly, sending a powerful slice of wind and killing a Nomu in one hit. These Nomus are much weaker than the ones I've seen in the past, but they're still strong and destructive. "Go! I've got this!" I add in a confident tone, seeing Hawks looking uncertain about leaving me alone. He nods in understanding and goes to help Endeavor in the bigger fight.

"We're here to help, leave these to us!" Several heroes from Hawks's agency arrive after only a moment longer of me fighting alone, taking on the remaining two Nomus. I had just taken out a second one when they arrived, but I paused to make sure they could handle the weaker Nomus on their own. They seemed to be doing just fine, so I left them to it and returned to Hawks's side, finding him in the air near the black Nomu and Endeavor.

"Hawks! Endeavor!" I call out, sending a wind slice at the Nomu as it was about to hit Hawks and giving an opening for Endeavor to land a flaming punch.

"You're in the way." The Nomu says to me as it regenerates almost instantly, making me gulp nervously and realize I'm no match for this thing. And since the heck could a Nomu talk? "You're weak."

"Rude." I deadpan at it as I form a tornado punch, irritated that this creature just called me weak. "Endeavor, send a blast at him!" I order to the number one Pro Hero, ignoring the fact that I just tried to order someone so powerful but knowing what my attack can do. I've worked on joint attacks with Todoroki for months, I know how to work with the flames.