Chapter 29: Rescue

Bakugo and I both fell silent as the door opened once again, this time having all of the villains pour into the room slowly, each taking a seat somewhere surrounding us. This time was a different approach than the last one. Instead of just tormenting us, well me mostly, they decided to sit in a damn circle and introduce themselves as if it was the first day of kindergarten. The teenage girl, Himiko Toga, almost acted like it was the first day of school as well with her really creepy smile and over friendly attitude.

Shigaraki, who had been sitting and watching the news after his own short introduction, suddenly turned the volume up on the previously silent TV. We all turned our attention to it, and on it we saw Principal Nezu, Vlad King, and a very clean-shaven and irritated looking Mr. Aizawa in a suit. I knew him well enough to know this was eating him up inside to be on TV and talking to reporters, something he has complained about numerous times to me and Shinso.

We watched the reporters treat the teachers... like villains. They were ridiculing every single thing that UA has failed at since the start of term. Shigaraki was downright giddy with the turn of events. His actions at the camp weren't purely about taking Bakugo and I, they were about proving the failures of heroes and having the public begin to doubt them. A few of the other League members, like the lizard guy Spinner and the psycho Toga, they were here to uphold Stain's principles. But Shigaraki had a bigger plan. Dabi I couldn't quite figure out yet, he was hard to read.

But Miyoshi, he didn't give a crap about any of that. He was here for me, and me only. That was evident by the way his beady brown eyes stayed locked on me the entire time. He sat directly where I was forced to face him, lengthening and retracting his blades the entire time. I doubt he heard a word of the broadcast or of Shigaraki's villain rant. He was a man bent on revenge, and that's all he'll ever be.

I would almost feel pity for him, were it not for a distinct memory of his words when he last kidnapped me. How he said he practiced on dozens of other mother and child combinations until he was flawless enough in his execution and torture methods, that he had practiced for years before he took my mother and me. He's a sick monster, nothing more, nothing less.

Shigaraki turned away from the TV for a bit to try and spread his views to myself and Bakugo, though he mainly spoke to Bakugo. There was no illusion that he would offer me a place in his League, he hated me too much. He tried to play to Bakugo's violent words and tendencies, and internally I kept scoffing at him. Bakugo's dream is to be the number one hero, he won't throw it away to be a lame villain following stupid evil orders. His passion is so strong it comes out as violence at times, but he's not malicious with it, well to anyone other than Midoriya.

"Dabi, let them out." Shigaraki orders at the end of his totally 'not' convoluted villain speech.

"You know they're just going to attack, right?" Dabi deadpans at him, talking to him like the idiot he is. Hopefully the leader stays stupid, I know Bakugo and I can at least take a few down as we fight, and hopefully make enough noise and destruction that help can find us.

"We're trying to recruit them, it will be fine." Shigaraki raises his hands in nonchalance, filled with confidence he shouldn't have.

"Not her." Miyoshi cuts in, standing and walking over to me. "She's a hurricane in disguise, don't underestimate her. I did that once, it cost me greatly."

"Fine, just Bakugo then. Yoarashi still needs to be punished more before she can bend to our will." Shigaraki says after looking at me for a long moment, his hand absently scratching where I had cut him during our first encounter. "She cut me twice, I still owe her for that. You adding another cut through her already disfigured face didn't satisfy me nearly enough yet."