Chapter 38: Date Crashers

Eijiro and I got to our smoothie bar and spent the first two hours of our date there playing games and getting closer to each other. I missed him during this week. Sure, I saw him, but we didn't have a lot of time together, and especially not any alone. We haven't kissed again since our first night, and I already craved having more with him now that I've had a few.

I got my reward once we left the smoothie bar. Neither of us are very big on PDA, and I already let him know that even once we tell everyone we're dating, I won't feel very comfortable kissing in front of our friends. I think intimate moments are private and should be just for us. He asked if hand holding and hugging were ok in front of others, and I encouraged those. Thankfully he was on the same page as not wanting to gross out our classmates as well, and he also requested not to be overly affectionate in public places, because his moms raised him to be a gentleman.

So therefore, once we were outside of the smoothie bar and at a quiet park, we indulged in our affection for one another. When his lips captured my own for the first time in nearly a week, it felt like I had been lost in a desert and hadn't had water in forever, and his kisses were the only thing to quench my thirst. I didn't want to let him go, I wanted to stay in the moment forever with his hands cupping my cheeks and mine around his neck.

Our unknown stalker, however, had other plans for us. Or more accurately, stalkers.

"YES!!!" Eijiro and I hear from a few yards behind us, causing us to break our kiss and look towards the source of noise. It came from behind a cluster of trees, and a flash of pink sticking out of them made the familiar squeal make a lot more sense.

"I think our date may have gotten stalked." Eijiro says in amusement to me, his hands still on cheeks as we both watch our friends try and fail to stay hidden.

"Hey, we made it two hours without them interrupting, we should give them some credit. Especially with Mina and most likely Kaminari there." I whisper back in equal amusement before using my quirk to knock all the terribly hidden teens out of the bushes. "Hey guys, fancy seeing you here." I call to them teasingly, standing up and facing them as they lay on the floor where I knocked them to. Mina, Kaminari, Sero, Mashirao, and Bakugo were all there. I was surprised to see Mashirao and Bakugo there, and neither of them looked particularly happy to be there either.

"How did you know we going out today?" Eijiro asks curiously as they all stand up again. All of them point to Kaminari and Mina, and they both at least look sheepish and a little ashamed.

"I may have overheard you asking Aizawa for permission yesterday to go on a date." Kaminari says to me with an awkward chuckle.

"I didn't believe him until this morning when you asked for help to look nice. You didn't say what it was for, but I had already pieced it together." Mina says next, looking more proud than ashamed at crashing our date. I turn my gaze to Sero, but he just shrugs and grins at me.

"I'm just here for the entertainment." Sero says shamelessly. He was just along for the ride and entertainment, so I move on.

"Bakugo?" Eijiro asks his friend, wondering why he's there. Bakugo has been acting more and more normal every day, but there's still something off about his interactions. And not just with us, he's been off with everyone. Even just yesterday Aoyama accidentally bumped into him in training and Bakugo didn't yell at all, it was strange. But he's making his usual gruff comments on things during lunches and dinners and yelling often at me or whoever, so that's all normal. I think he's still sorting through his feelings, but I also think there's something else going on.

"Don't fucking look at me, I didn't want to watch your lame shitty date. Raccoon Eyes and Dunce Face dragged me out, I only came with to stop them from being dumbasses." Bakugo says gruffly, his angry pout looking away as if he's debating every second whether to run or not. "Now hurry the fuck up and finish up so I can back to the dorms, I have better fucking shit to do today." I knew that was 'Bakugo talk' for 'I'm not stopping your date and I only came to keep the others from interrupting', and I knew my grateful smile was mirrored on Eijiro's face at the same time mine was.