Chapter 8: USJ Part 1

Inasa was excitedly texting me all the next morning about some big awesome saves that All Might had been doing in the last hour all over my city. It was entertaining to read his texts as I stepped off the train on my way to school. Inasa has loved All Might since we were little, he has posters of him next to the posters of our father up in his room. Well, some of them moved into his dorm with him, but the older ones stayed in his room.

I have posters of our dad in our room, but I also have posters of Hawks, Gunhead, Fat Gum, and about three of my favorite hero, Endeavor. Inasa hates my adoration of the Number Two hero, but I can't tell him the real reason why he's my favorite, though I know that nothing I could say would sway him to liking the flame hero. Hawks I love because he's a speed and flying hero, Gunhead because he specializes in martial arts, and Fat Gum because I really want to hug him and he has a great smile.

"Alright class, we're doing rescue training today." Aizawa states to us once the bell rings and we're all in our seats. I barely made it in time, and may or may have had to use my quirk to speed myself up and barely sat down by the end of the bell. It earned me a harsh glare from the tired looking teacher. "Change into your costumes if you want, we're taking a bus to a further facility and we leave in ten minutes." He pushes the button and our cases pop out of the wall, and everyone scrambles to get their case and get changed.

"Line up in order of your seat numbers!" Iida yells at everyone once we're changed and waiting outside of the bus.

"Cutting it kind of close this morning, weren't you, Yoarashi-san?" Jirou teases as we walk on board the bus.

"She's always late, which is always confusing since she has a quirk that enhances her speed." Mashirao answers teasingly from in front of me as he takes a seat next to Shoji in the back of the bus. I pause and see only two open seats left in this half of the bus, and quickly take the open seat next to Bakugo so I don't have to sit next to the emotionless bastard Todoroki, though I do send him a glare before I sit next to the ash blonde with a small smile, to which he huffs and stares out the window.

I listen in on the conversation happening at the front of the bus where Kirishima, Kaminari and Midoriya are all seated with a few others. Midoriya looks oddly freaked out when Tsu compares his quirk to All Might's, but then again that boy freaks out for a lot of things.

"My quirk isn't very flashy, so I'm not sure how much I'll ever stand out as a Pro Hero." Kirishima joins in the conversation sheepishly, and before I can even protest his statement, Midoriya beats me to it.

"No way!" Midoriya jumps in with his hands waving. "I think your quirk is way cool, you'll totally stand out!"

"Don't put yourself down like that, Kiri, you'll make a great hero." I cheer from my seat. He grins at me toothily, sitting up just a little bit taller from all the praise he's getting. I wonder if he's like me and isn't used to getting praised about his quirk.

"Thanks you guys! But if we're talking about pro quirks that stand out in our class, then that's easily got to be Bakugo, Yoarashi, and Todoroki." Kirishima says, turning to look at the three of us.

"Sure, but Bakugo is always angry so he'll never be that popular." Tsu says bluntly and I snort and choke on a laugh.

"What the hell did you say, you damn extra!? I'll kick your ass!" Bakugo snaps and stands up to yell and her, causing me to laugh even more since he just proved her point. "Stop fucking laughing, you dumb airhead!!" He turns and screams into my face.

"Yeah, we hardly know you, but it's kind of telling that we can already tell that your personality is a flaming pile of crap mixed with garbage." Kaminari points out to him, and then earns Bakugo's scream as he leans across my body to yell at the electric blonde.