Chapter 63: Epilogue

Shigaraki was officially defeated in the battle in the ruined city of Jaku. Katsuki was greatly wounded though, and Edge Shot sacrificed himself to save my friend by stitching him back together. Many other heroes in that battle site also passed away, and the civilian causalities were almost too high to count. It was a victory, but it came at a steep cost.

Dabi had aired his life's story during the battle, and I watched the clip of it while I was recovering in the hospital for a day. It does make sense that he's a Todoroki, when I first met him I thought he was Endeavor. They have the same piercing blue eyes. Shoto is very shaken up from finding out his brother is alive, understandably, but he took it well enough. Dabi ended up in a rehabilitation facility instead of jail, the video he aired showed a lot of how crazy he was. Though I'm sure Endeavor pulled strings to have him in the facility instead of prison.

Toga was placed in Tartarus at first, but she was transferred to a rehab facility as well due to her young age. Spinner was sent to a regular jail along side several of the high up members of the Liberation Force. Compress mysteriously vanished before capture, so heroes are still on the lookout for him. I have the feeling he won't be popping up again though.

Endeavor faced a lot of backlash about his son and everything that was said about him. He laid low for a while, the public had turned against him quite a bit. I think the shock of having his son be alive was enough to have him give up on his hero journey, but he hasn't officially retired as of yet. Hawks also faced a lot of backlash since apparently Dabi filmed him killing Twice and put it on the video as well. His hero days are also over, his wings are gone and are unrepairable.

I still keep in contact with Hawks though, and I know Tokoyami does as well. I know all too well that some actions either have to be taken, or just end up happening. I still feel guilty for what I did to Miyoshi. Some days I reassure myself that it wasn't murder, that it was a strategic move, that it saved my brother. Other days, I can't think that positively. I'm thankful to have a supportive team around me who help me out when I'm feeling guilty. At the same time though, I'm making plans for the future on how to avoid feeling that guilt again. I'm learning from my mistake, and I'll grow from it.

The first thing I did the day I got out of the hospital was join the ongoing rescue efforts in the damaged cities. It was an instance just like that, where heroes were working to stop a villain and inevitably caused destruction and harmed citizens, that created the Miyoshi that I knew and feared. I worked tirelessly with the officers, firefighters, and other heroes to find any and all civilians trapped, hurt, or sadly passed, and brought them out of fallen buildings or wherever they were stuck at. I wouldn't let another Miyoshi be created.

For two weeks, school was put on hold so everyone could either be with their loved ones or help in the rescue efforts. Inasa was granted the leave as well, Shiketsu as a whole having stepped up and helped immediately in the relief efforts. Our dad recovered in a few days of rest, then he was back at his agency and helping once again.

Gale Storm had to come out of retirement with that battle, which he didn't seem to mind, but he was now unwilling to pass his agency on to anyone else but Inasa and I. Tempest had been one of his brightest and strongest heroes, he had been grooming her to lead the agency until we were ready. She now sits in jail along with almost 17,000 other villains and former heroes who fought that day.

Villains calmed down quite a bit in general after the Jaku city destruction, at least for a time. For the following months, heroes were able to focus on saving people from normal things like natural disasters, accidents, and only the occasional petty theft. That was good for heroes, because the citizens had begun to lose faith in them as a whole. With the top two Pros being so heavily scrutinized and so many 'Pro Heroes' being in the Liberation Front, the remaining heroes were having to take baby steps into getting back into the good graces of the population.