Chapter 34: Room Contest

I was about ready to go and meet with Kirishima since night had fallen, but when I got downstairs and saw him hanging with nearly the whole class, I just decided to join the class in what they were talking about.

"Irisa!" Mina says excitedly as she spots me walking over to them. "We were just thinking of checking out all the guys' rooms, wanna come?"

"Oooh... yeah that sounds like fun!" I agree easily, genuinely interested in seeing what their styles were like.

And just like that, I was distracted from what I came downstairs to do. Kirishima didn't seem to mind, he was having fun with the contest as well. We went floor by floor to see each boy's room, and we started with Midoriya.

"Wow, I thought I had a lot of posters..." I say in awe as we check out the fanboy's room. There was so much All Might merchandise everywhere that if it was owned by anyone other than the sweetest boy in the world, I would be worried for the retired Pro's safety.

Next was Tokoyami's room. He tried to block us from seeing it, but we shoved him out of the way. His room was super dark and gothic, and it fit his vibes pretty well. I made a mental note to stick his old door sign drawing I took home from our internship on his door later. Well, after I make about a hundred copies of it so I can replace it when he tears it down like I know he will.

Aoyama's room was just blinding to look at. It's not often I'm thankful for being half blind, but at least only one of my eyes was strained from his room. We all as a whole agreed to skip Mineta's room, no one the least bit interested in seeing a glimpse into the creep's inner mind. We worked our way up to the next floor where Mashirao was up first.

"Wow, this looks like it took two people a whole lot of time and effort to set up." I comment casually as I walk back into the room I was in early, earning a nudge from my best friend as he looks embarrassed at his room as we all cram into it.

Iida's room was neat, surprise surprise, but it also had an excessive amount of glasses along one wall. I've never seen him break his before, but maybe it happens often enough to need the dozens on hand he has. Kaminari's room was next, and it was pretty cool looking. He had an oddly large collection of hats, which was weird because I've never seen him wear one before. But I got excited when I noticed his gaming set up and spotted a certain poster on his wall.

"You play Villain Conquer Quest?!" I ask excitedly, zooming over to the poster to get a closer look at it.

"Hells yeah, hotness! The fighting is the best in that game!" Kaminari says with matched energy, flipping from trying to be suave to then proving he's a total dork in the same line. We high five each other all the same as we leave his room and move on to Koda's.

Koda's room was similar to Mashirao's in that it was fairly simple in design. His stand out feature though was the cute bunny he had and the few stuffed animals on his bed, both of which just made him more endearing. I translated for him to the rest of the class that the bunny's name is 'Mizu' and that she got her name because he saved her from drowning when she was a baby.

The next floor would have started with Bakugo, but he was already asleep so we quietly skipped over his room, none of willing to wake the beast for our little game. Kirishima's room was after that, and I thought it fit him perfectly. He had a punching bag, a bunch of martial arts fighting posters, an oddly high amount of flames decorating the place, and a few fighting manga series on his shelves. He also still hadn't finished unpacking and had boxes laying around half-empty, so all in all, his room screamed 'manly'.

"Is this a Crimson Riot action figure? I didn't even know they made these." I observe, looking at the cute figure on his desk.

"They only made a few back in his prime, I've just had it for a super long time." Kirishima says sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck like he always does when he's a little embarrassed.