Chapter 4: Class 1-A

The next month passed by in a whirl. We had our final exams for middle school to work on, and now that the stress of getting into our high schools was all done, we could all focus on that.

I hadn't been to my dojo in over a month, and I was missing my best friend. We've texted of course, and I knew we both got into UA, but I don't know if we'll be in the same class at all. I hope we will, it will be nice to know at least one person there. Of course, there's always Monoma, who has been bragging non-stop about getting into UA. Surprisingly though, Monoma has oddly been on my side about being mad at Inasa for going to Shiketsu. I think it's just because Monoma's a huge fan of UA, but either way, I do get a little joy of delight at watching my brother be the one getting taunted for once. That Siki girl didn't pass the exam, so I guess I don't have to learn her name now.

Inasa and I... We've been better, but it's still difficult. But we've both been looking for the positives in our life decisions. He's genuinely excited to go to Shiketsu, he does like the full immersive dorm system and how strict they are there. The school uniforms are symbols of who they are, especially with the hats they wear. There are also rules about not having relationships and strict guidelines about when they can even leave campus. Inasa is excited for those rules, he thinks it will help stay focused on becoming a strong hero faster and without distractions. To each their own, I may not have liked quite that much rigidity, but he does and I know he'll thrive in breaking that system with his energy while he's trying to follow all the rules.

I've been growing excited at the thought of branching out to making friends without Inasa. It scares me, it's something I haven't done before, at least outside of the dojo. Students at our elementary and middle schools weren't particularly kind to the eye patch wearing cripple girl, but so far at least from the entrance exam, no one at UA seemed to call me out for it. Inasa and I also have super big personalities, so sometimes people just don't like us, but we never really cared because we had each other and our goals. Inasa at least had friends in his classes over the years unlike me, so I know he'll make more at his new school. We've both begrudgingly admitted that perhaps going to different schools for these upcoming final three years of our education might help us grow.

One thing we absolutely refused to part on, no matter if we were still sort of fighting or not, was our hero costumes. When our schools sent us forms to fill out before classes started, Inasa and I still designed our costumes to match. We still plan to work together after school, and so therefore, our hero costumes still needed our signature twin brand of matching.

Our costumes are very much inspired by our fathers, though we each will have our own difference to help in our personal use of our shared quirk. I teased Inasa for still wanting the weird looking knee pads he once drew up when we were little. He thinks they look intimidating, I think they just look like duck skulls. But his giant left fist for his heavy hits looks pretty cool, and I liked his steam-punk inspired uniform a lot.

"Is this the last box, nii-san?" I huff out as I carry what feels like the hundredth box up to his new dorm room. It's the day before school starts for us both, and our dad, Makoto and I are all moving Inasa into his dorm room. I swear, it feels like I'm carrying about the 5th box full of just books up to the room now, and my arms are getting tired.

"Let me take that, it's far too heavy for you." Our father says, walking up behind me and lifting the box easily out of my tired arms. I pouted for a moment, but honestly I was up late with my secret training last night, so now my whole body feels like a limp noodle. "Go rest, we've got this." He says fondly to me, nudging me with his leg to go and sit on Inasa's bed. I sigh at the babying treatment but go and sit down anyway.

We've caused a commotion while bringing in the boxes this morning since our dad was in his hero costume. It's a tradition for when alumni visit the school, they ask that the hero's represent them and wear their hero costume plus their old signature uniform hats. A bunch of other students all kept stopping in their own moving in and stared at Gale Storm as we took boxes in. I kind of giggle up at the image of my dad right now, his hat looks funny on top of his usually 'not bald' head. The hat just makes him look even more bald since it hides the few hairs he has on the top.