Chapter 62: Paranormal Liberation Front, Part 2

"Eiji!" I yell once I spot my boyfriend in the crowd of all the students and the few medics gathered in the back lines. He doesn't have a single scratch on him, which makes me breathe a sigh of relief as I crash into him and give him a tight hug.

"Risa, you're ok!" Eijiro grins at me as he pulls me away for a second to look at me, taking in all the scuff marks, dirt, and blood on me before pulling me back in for another tight hug. "Knew you could do it." He whispers into my ear before I pull away, finding my brother and best friend talking nearby.

"Ina-nii, Mashi!" I call as I crash into them, one arm slung over both of them as I reassure myself that they're safe, both of them giving me a hug back before I parted and turned to the hero in charge of the back line. "Sir, I have a report!" I tell my most recent mentor.

"Go ahead, Jet Stream." Sir Nighteye nods to me, turning his undivided attention my way.

"The giant monster that only answers to Shigaraki just woke up and is likely heading to wherever Shigaraki is, which I'm assuming is Jaku." I report clearly, watching his eyes narrow. "The heroes on the front line are prioritizing trying to stop it, but so far all their attacks have been unsuccessful. Additionally, some of the remaining villains may slip past and head this way now that the attention is focused on the giant. The League of Villains members were spotted onsite... and two of them are dead now." I frown at the last part, knowing I was the direct cause of one of their deaths and my mentor killed the other one.

"I see." Sir acknowledged, his brain visibly working ahead and planning out our next steps. "We need to prepare for the monster to come our way, those at the front won't be able to stop it, but we may have a better chance since we can prepare. The problem is... we've lost all contact with those in Jaku City, so we can't send them a message that it could potentially be on it's way if we fail." I frown at that, wondering what the heck happened over in Jaku to cut out all transmission. I look back at those who were most precious to me, all standing there with worried expressions on their faces.

"I can get to Jaku the fastest, Sir." I volunteer stoically, hearing several gasps and objections behind me. "I can report to that group what's happening here." Sir stares at me intensely for a minute, opening his mouth to answer.

"No, you're needed here, Iri-ne." Inasa interjects before Sir can speak. "These are your classmates, you know them well and work with them the best. I can get to Jaku and report, and I'll remain there to help their side while you take care of the giant monster like I know you all can." He looks out at everyone as he says it, then looks at Nighteye who nods in confirmation.

"When the giant breaks through the heroes and heads our way, that's when you leave, Gale Force." Sir nods as I feel my heart tighten. I knew this mission was dangerous since I would have had to fly at my top speed to head into the heat of the battle with the stronger enemies, that's why I volunteered, so that no one else would have to face that potential danger.

"Ina-nii... Be safe, please." I plead to my brother, but keep my face and emotions strong. I know he can handle anything, and I have confidence in him, but he's still my twin and I worry for him.

"Iri-ne, I'll be just fine. Now show that great big monster your passion and go PLUS ULTRA!" Inasa cheers as he raises a confident fist, his energy contagious as the group gets a second wind of determination and everyone starts to plan our defense.

Momo and Sir work out a plan together to trap the giant, and everyone is given a bottle of sedative to throw into its mouth for if we find an opening. Everyone has a part in the plan, and we all take our positions when the lizard girl from 1-B spots the giant coming in our way fast. Inasa gets his signal to take off to Jaku, and he and I nod once more to each other before he takes off at full speed.