Chapter 24: Training Camp Part 1, Beast's Forest

"Have you got everything?" My dad asks me as I'm rushing around the next morning, getting last minute things ready for camp. "You're going to be late, Irisa." I pause to look at his mildly amused expression as I'm trying to simultaneously brush my teeth, put on socks, and comb my hair all at the same time. It's not really working too well for me.

"Mm rery." I mumble out through my toothbrush as I rush to the sink in my personal bathroom to spit. "I'm ready!" I repeat more coherently.

"Yes, I can see that." He adds, leaning unhelpfully in my door frame and blocking me from leaving my room as I tried to run past him and leave. "Tell me, when did the dress code change at UA?" He looks pointedly at me as I try to get past him with my bag. I stop and look down at myself to see what he's talking about, and I blush red in the face. I was still wearing my pajamas, but I had put my school blazer and tie on over them.

"Um... today?" I sheepishly say as I shove him out of the room as he chuckles.

"I swear I don't know how you're always late, I heard you wake up and start getting ready an hour ago." He calls from the other side of the door as I get dressed properly into my school uniform, slipping my shorts on under my skirt as I throw the door open once again.

"It's really one of the great wonders of the world." I smirk at him, enjoying this playful side of him that I haven't seen in so long. "Ok, now I'm really actually ready. And I need to go now so love you, bye!!!"

"Irisa." He calls out, using his wind to stop me in my movements. "I'm heading that way, I'll take you."

"Wait, really?!" I ask with excitement. "Yeah!!" He so rarely ever flies me or Inasa anywhere, this is a total treat. Sure, we can fly ourselves, but we're unlicensed and not allowed to. Plus it's way more fun to watch the views when someone else is in charge of the actual flying part.

"Iri-ne, have a bunch of fun and go full Plus Ultra on your camping trip!" Inasa yells from the front door, making me cringe at his volume since I'm only about 12 inches away from him by now. "I'm super jealous! You are going to learn so much!" He pulls me into a bone crushing hug, of which I return to him with as much force as I can.

"Thanks, Ina-nii! I'll tell you all about it when I get back." I grin at him, but then give a sad tilt of my head. "I won't have cell reception, most likely. It'll be weird not to talk to you for a week. Don't go and get smart while I'm gone, ok?" He smacks my head in retaliation for my mean remark, but both of us grin at each other proudly.

"Ms. Irisa, do enjoy your trip. I packed extra tea in your bag so you and your lovely female classmates can enjoy it together." Makoto says lightly with a fond smile, putting extra emphasis on the 'female' comment. He's still unhappy about my 'unchaperoned visits with those heathen boys' as he keeps putting it.

"Thanks, Makoto-san. I'm sure Momo at least will drink it with me." I grin at him and pull him into a hug. "Try not to miss me too much!"

"Come on now." Dad leads the way out of the door, both of us slipping on our shoes as we leave. "Hold tight, just because you can fly doesn't mean you get to be reckless." He instructs sternly but with a smile, so I jump into his outstretched arms and hold tightly around his neck and shoulder, angling myself to be able to see better as we flew. With him flying, it only took ten minutes to make to UA.

"It's Gale Storm!" Several of my classmates and the class 1-B students below us point up to my dad as we slowly land near them.

"Thanks for the lift, Dad!" I thank the giant of a man with a grin while he set me down. "Have a safe week, save a bunch of lives!"

"Have a good time as well, and as always, be safe." He says warmly before he turns to my classmates. "Have a good week, future heroes, learn well and get strong." I wave bye to him as he takes off on a tornado, off to do patrol for the day.