Chapter 58: Hero Retirement

Papa Storm🌪️: Makoto will pick up you and Inasa on the way to the ranking ceremony. Did you receive your dress yet?

Eye of the Storm 🌪️: Yeah, it arrived this morning. Thanks, you chose a beautiful one! Ina-nii and I will be there to support you tomorrow. Love you!

Tomorrow evening is the annual hero rankings Billboards Chart ceremony. Traditionally, our dad would either take our mother back in the days when she was alive, or he would go alone. He never wanted to bring either Inasa or I along after the kidnapping, he didn't want to draw that much attention to us anymore. Also, he could only bring one of us, and even though we all knew he would bring Inasa instead of me, it was still nice he used that as an excuse to not bring either of us.

But this ceremony is going to be different. Not many people outside of the hero society know about our dad's quirk being gone forever, but they've started to notice his absence. So today, Gale Storm is officially announcing his retirement after he accepts his final ranking of 12th place for the last time. The Hassaikai raid technically bumped him up to 8th place in ranking, but he refused it and spoke to the board about keeping his 12th place. He wanted to retire on our mother's favorite number. The board has tried to increase his ranking in the past several times, but each time Dad has refused for the same reason and they've respected that.

Another reason why this Billboards Chart is going to be different is because it's a much grander event than what they do in the past. Normally, the top heroes would get a private and short interview at their own agency the week before, and that would be broadcast the day of the rankings announcement. Also, there would be a formal dinner held where the top 100 heroes and their plus one's could mingle. This time, it's going to be a huge televised event with hundreds of heroes all in attendance for the ranking announcements, but the formal dinner was scrapped because there's too many people. The change in the event is due to All Might's retirement, I think they are trying to make a statement that there are still other heroes around to protect the citizens.

Our dad's still going to take us to a fancy restaurant after it though, it's going to be our family's private celebration for his retirement.

"Wow... You look... Holy... So stunning..." Eijiro brokenly tries to get out the next afternoon as I'm leaving for the awards show. I'm now wearing the dress that either my father or Makoto picked out for me. It's a crimson red dress that's shorter in the front and longer in the back with a black flower lace pattern on the open back of it. The dress is tight around the upper body and then cascades out in thick red ruffles, and it looks absolutely regal.

"I'll take your speechless reaction that I look good?" I ask with a shy smile, feeling a bit of nerves in such a pretty dress, to which he nods vigorously in answer

"I'll take your speechless reaction that I look good?" I ask with a shy smile, feeling a bit of nerves in such a pretty dress, to which he nods vigorously in answer. Eijiro than walks towards me and places his hands on my hips, gripping me tightly as he presses a strong kiss to my lips.

"You look so good you made me speechless." He grins at me as I blush sheepishly. "I love the hair too."

Last night I was helping Eijiro color his hair red, and then I impulsively decided I wanted some red in my own black hair. Not as much as Eijiro has, just a bit, so I put some of his left over hair color in the tips of my hair, mostly in the long spikes that cover my left eye. I really liked the new look it gave me, and I'm excited to show my twin later today. I'm less excited to see Makoto's and my dad's reaction, but this is definitely low on the scale of things I've done lately that they would disapprove of, so I'm not too worried.