Chapter 49: All Connected

News had come out the next morning about several of us in our work studies. I was proud of hearing about Eijiro's Red Riot debut on how he saved several bystanders from that blade guy. I also checked the names of the apprehended gang members, none of them were Miyoshi at all, so that cleared my conscience up. Ochaco and Tsu both made a head line too taking down two villains with gigantification quirks alongside Hado and the Pro Hero Ryukyu and I made sure to give them a bunch of praise they rightfully deserved for their accomplishment.

My article wasn't exactly front page or anything since there were no villains involved like the others, but I still found a few articles about me and my dad saving lives together. Leave it to reporters to slap that label everywhere for everyone to see, despite my dad pointedly calling me his work study student and always referring to me by my hero name while the reporters were there. But no, I'm far too famous as Irisa Yoarashi right now to go by Jet Stream, apparently. One of the articles didn't even mention my hero name at all, which was just rude.

Midoriya didn't make any sort of news, but he looked absolutely terrified about something. And since the murders kept flashing back in my memories at random times and even in class, I'm sure my face matched his pretty closely.

Thankfully the next patrol I did with my dad later in the week was way calmer. There was a freak storm that hit a few towns over, so he and I got called to help reduce the damage of it. It was amazing to get to see my dad in his element first hand, he really is an amazing hero. He was able to calm almost the entire storm by using his tornadoes to manipulate the weather pattern of the clouds. He showed me what he was doing, and I was able to join in and assist him. Together we took almost hurricane-level storming winds down to a light sprinkle and gentle breeze.

Oddly, Tokoyami and I were the only work study students to go on a second patrol during that first week. Nothing was happening at Tokoyami's work study, he told me he was just sent to work with the sidekicks his second visit, which he still valued but he wished to work with Hawks more. The others, Eijiro especially, were getting antsy about not being called in.

It was an early morning the next week when my dad texted me that we would be meeting somewhere different, and he texted me the address and told me to leave my hero costume behind.

"Eiji? Midoriya?" I say in surprise as I leave to go to the new meeting spot, spotting those two boys walking out of the front door of our dorm. I jog and get to my boyfriend's side, giving him a quick hug before smiling at the green-haired boy. "What are you both doing up so early?"

"Oh, I got called in for my work study." Midoriya answers as we all start to walk out of campus.

"Really? Me too!" Eijiro answers. "Man, it feels like it's been forever since I've gone in."

"Hmm, you guys got called in too? Huh, I'm on my way to mine as well." I say idly as we walk, but then spot two familiar people in the distance. "Ochaco! Tsu!" I wave at the girls, and they both pause to let us catch up to them.

"Oh, do you guys have work studies today as well?" Tsu asks, looking at all three of us. We nod in confirmation. "Well, have a good day with those." She and Ochaco turn and walk away, but they're going in the same direction as I need to go.

"Hey, I'm going that way too." I smile at them, and then we spot two Pro Hero's also walking that way.

"Hey kids, heading this way too? Mind if we walk with you?" The Pro's ask, and I start to notice that everyone is walking this way.

"Sure!" Ochaco answers cheerily, then she and Midoriya strike up conversations with the newcomers while Tsu, Eijiro and I follow them.

"This can't be a coincidence." I mutter to myself. "Eiji, where are you heading?"