Chapter 32: Forbidden

My dad got released from the hospital the next day, but was ordered to stay at home on bed rest and not resume his hero duties yet. I was on house arrest for my 'safety' by both the police and by what felt like the entire force of the Gale Storm hero agency. The result of all this was days of almost constant yelling matches and multiple attempts by me of running away, only to be caught by some side kick or another and sent back before even making it off the premises of our home.

Father had managed to make one stop his priority before his bed rest and hostile isolation by my side in our home, the hostility of course coming from me. He managed to make a stop at UA and withdrew me entirely from the school, without telling me and without listening to me at all. The betrayal I felt at his actions outweighed my understanding of his concern.

I did understand why he was acting this way, I truly did. I got taken from him, again. I got cut open by my mother's killer, again. He got called and told I was in emergency surgery, again. What I don't understand is why I'm being punished for the villain's actions. Why I'm being told to give up my dream despite walking away relatively uninjured. Why I almost felt more free being held captive by villains than I do in my own home now.

UA, despite me being withdrawn from the school, still sent out the notice about the dorms. Makoto managed to steal the letter before Father could get it, so I tried to use that as my newer argument. I tried to point out that the heroes are taking the safety of the students seriously and are adapting to the needs, but it all still fell on deaf ears. I was becoming more and more defeated as the week progressed, to the point when a knock on our front door sounding loudly amongst the tense silence in the mansion, I barely held any reaction.

"Sensei's." I greet Aizawa and All Might dully as Makoto leads the two men into the living room. Father is seated in his chair and already banished Inasa from the room, but I know my twin is close enough to hear.

"Former sensei's." My dad corrects me sharply, and it causes both of said men to pause in their steps as he turned his glare on them. "I do not understand why you have come to my home. Irisa is no longer a student at your school, you have no business here. Unless you are hear to apologize for endangering my daughter's life, then please leave."

Aizawa and All Might share a confused glance at one another as they take their seats in the couch across from me. "What do you mean, she is no longer a student of mine?" Aizawa asks my dad, yet his eyes are on me. I can't even lift my head to look at him, so drained from the constant fighting from the last few days. "We were not informed of any enrollment changes as of yet."

"Yet another failure of your establishment then." My dad spits out with a humorless chuckle.

"Dad." I scold, starting to spark back up again. I have great respect for these two men, both have been there for me for months now, hell All Might was my direct savior just days ago.

"We are here to talk about the new dorm systems for UA." All Might cuts in. "Young Irisa and all the other students will be kept safe on campus while they complete their education. We've decided to opt for this approach as it is also a more structured environment for the students so they can remain focused on their respective studies, and it is the easiest way to keep them all safe from future attacks."

"She will not be going!" My dad says louder, his voice rising the more he speaks. "You have already proven time and again you cannot protect your students. MY DAUGHTER WAS KIDNAPPED!!! Right out from under your watchful eye! You directly, Erasure Head, were watching over my daughter and allowed her to be taken by villains. Then you have the nerve to tell me you will keep her safe?! I will keep my daughter safe, here, in this house. She will not be returning to UA, she will not be your student anymore, and she will not be a hero anymore."