Chapter 60: Class A vs Class B

Two weeks.

For two damn weeks I was required by the doctors to not use my quirk or to train extensively. My lungs suffered a bit more damage from the smoke caused by being so close to Endeavor and Dabi both using their quirks. It's odd, I do fine nowadays when I practice with Katsuki and Todoroki's flames, but one battle with those two around and I'm back to square one! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, it unfortunately was Endeavor's flames in the first place that caused my lung damage...

But this morning I'm cleared for normal activity again, so I woke up extra early to go on a much needed run.

Oddly enough, I apparently wasn't the only one who felt like a jog before the crack of dawn. A familiar head of curly green hair was jogging ahead of me on the path, so I ran a bit faster to catch up with him.

"Morning, Midoriya!" I say cheerily, scaring the boy who was lost in his own thoughts and didn't hear my approach. "What's eating at you so much you're up and out before me?"

"Oh, it's nothing!" Midoriya says unconvincingly, and I just gave him a side-eyed knowing look. He looks pale and rattled, so something is clearly up with him. "Oh wait! You know about One For All! I can tell you!"

"Something up with your quirk?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, well maybe, no... yeah." He flounders for a moment before taking a deep breath and gathering his thoughts. "I had a dream, but it wasn't really a dream? Anyway, I think I saw the past users of One For All, and even the first user of it. I was there, but I wasn't really there? Like, I was covered in shadows, only the top of my head and one hand were there. I saw All Might too, and a few others, but some were still covered in smoke too. And then the crazy thing was, when I woke up from it, my quirk activated all on its own! It broke my window..."

"Wait wait wait, let me get this straight." I say, faltering in my stride for a moment before getting my jogging rhythm back. "You're telling me that ghosts talked to you and then possessed your body for a moment and activated your quirk? Dude! Do we need an exorcist?!"

"What?! No that's not what happened at all!" He yells in shock, shaking his hands vigorously in front of him while shaking his head in denial.

"Dead people talked to you, right?" I ask pointedly, and he reluctantly agreed. "And directly after, you had no control over your body. Therefore, ghosts possessed you. I'm standing by that statement." I say solemnly and stubbornly as he sighed in defeat.

"It really wasn't like that... Maybe All Might will know." He says tiredly, realizing I might not be the best to help him with this.

"Well, did the ghosts say anything to you?" I ask, and he launched into how the original user started to explain his story about being the brother of All For One and how Midoriya needs to hurry up and master the quirk because something huge is going to happen soon. "So... your psychic, future seeing ghosts just dropped the mother of all bombs about something terrible coming. Well... That sounds like it should be fun." I say with a grimace once he's done explaining.

"Essentially, I guess." He shrugs, looking at least slightly less pale and fidgeting after getting to talk it out. "But why was only a hand and my eyes there? I couldn't speak to them, and I had so many questions!"

"Hmm..." I think for a moment about what it could be. "Maybe it's to do with what percentage of your quirk you've mastered? You're at what, 10% these days? 20% on occasion?" He nods rapidly, his eyes brightening at the thought.

"I think you're right!" He grins at me as we make the last bit of the run back to the dorms. "Thanks Yoarashi, that really helped me to talk it out! I'm gonna go tell All Might now, and maybe Kacchan too since he might have an idea as well."