Chapter 46: Love

By the time Dad dropped me off at UA, it was already super late at night. Aizawa had to grant me access again to the campus, and we walked in silence back to the dorms together. Well, comfortable chatter about coffee happened because I brought him some coastal coffee I picked up for us before I left Karuizawa. He promised to share some in the morning, and I was looking forward to it.

I was also looking forward to a restful night of sleep, but that didn't seem to be the plan for me when I opened the door to my dorm room.

"What's all this?" I mutter to myself, taking in the sight.

There was a single perfect red rose on my pillow, and a trail of flower petals leading to my balcony window. I pick up the rose and smell it, letting it's aroma hit my nose and smiling softly at it. I held onto it as I followed the trail of petals to my balcony, opening the never locked doors and finding a brand new hero plushie on the railing, held in place by one of my many paperweights. The new plushie was of Hawks, and in his little chibi hands there was a note and another rose. I picked up the note and read it.

'I love the wind.

Wind makes even the most stressful days playful.

It blows upon our good intentions and attempts at being manly.

Any semblance of control is met with sideways hair and garment adjustments.

On windy days, we all play the fools.

All except you, who's so loving and true.'

On the back of the note was a few more words.

'Meet me on the roof?'

I smile softly, recognizing the handwriting. I take the second rose with the first, then grab the Hawks plushie and float effortlessly to the rooftop. There I find a blanket laid out with a few pillows on it, candles lit all around it casting just enough light to see the nervously pacing boy. He stops and faces me once he hears my feet land on the roof.

"Hi." I smile softly at my boyfriend. "You waited up here all night?"

"I'd wait forever for you, Risa." Eijiro says, regret on his face. "I'm so, so sorry for what I did. I should never have doubted you, and I should have listened to you when you tried to tell me the truth. I should have been there for you. I didn't know you were having nightmares, I didn't realize you were reaching out for my help. I was even so selfish I forgot what today was, and I made you go through it alone. It was all unmanly of me, and I know I don't deserve your forgiveness, but I'm going to beg you for it anyway. I messed up, Risa, and I was wrong."

"I have to know something, Eiji." I say quietly while he looks at me with pleading eyes. "Why did you really think I was unfaithful? Have I given you reason to believe it? I try to be as honest as I can about everything, and I try to be as respectful as I can. Did I do something that made me seem like someone who would cheat on you?"

"No, no you didn't do anything." He answers quietly and quickly.

"Then why?" I urge him to answer, needing to know. "Why did you think that?"

"I was jealous." He answers, looking at me sadly, his fists clenching and unclenching nervously. "I'm jealous of Bakugo. I'm jealous of how close you two are. I even sometimes get jealous of Ojiro and Shoji and Tokoyami and a whole lot of your other friends, just because they know things about you that I don't. I'm jealous of the time you spend with that Shinso guy because he gets to see your passionate training. I'm jealous, and I don't know how to stop being jealous." He takes a shaking breath in before continuing. "Bakugo is strong, confident and handsome, you two work so well together. You're both the top of the class and you're both famous and powerful. Finding you seeking him out to comfort you made my logic leave me. I know logically you're with me and are the most loyal person in the world, but it made me wonder why you're settling for just me when you could have him, or anyone else."