Chapter 57: School Festival

"Ehh, this just isn't working." I say with exhaustion after what feels like the 50th attempt at holding all five of us floating dancers and Aoyama in the air with my wind that afternoon. "We might need a different approach."

"What if we use a rope?" Midoriya offers after all of us on the dance team deliberate in thought. "I could lift Aoyama up and hold him above the crowd, that way you can focus on the other dancers only."

"That could work, it would mean two less people for me to hold up. Good idea, Midoriya!" I give the freckled boy a thumbs up as everyone else nods with smiles.

"Très magnifique!" Aoyama gushes at the idea, instantly happy to have an alternative to being held by my wind. He's suffered from the motion sickness of it the worst so far.

It's now two days before the school festival. All of us on the dance team have been practicing and rehearsing like crazy around our own personal and school schedules for a month now, and we've got it pretty much packed down. Mina got over her air sickness with sheer determination and now loves to dance in the sky along with myself, Mashirao, Ochaco and Midoriya.

With Midoriya opting out of being a flying dancer, now it's just the four of us and I can focus a lot better on that. Before, I kept losing focus on one person or another while I was trying to balance myself and 5 other people all doing different moves. Aoyama in particular was hard for me to hold because his navel canon is actually fairly strong and moves him around a lot. When we did the next practice run through without me holding Aoyama and Midoriya, my control was perfect and made the dance flawless.

Midoriya, Mirio and I all got to see Eri here at school a few days ago and show her around. Aizawa thought it would be a good idea for her to come before the crowds do so she can get used to the new area. All of us raid students all gushed over seeing the little girl out of the hospital and looking a whole lot better, even if she still wasn't talking much and not smiling yet. She got super close to a smile when Midoriya promised her candy apples at the festival before she left that day, and we all got excited at her excitement.

"Babe, you ready for this?" Eijiro asks me with a grin the morning of the festival, just a few minutes before the curtains were due to be raised.

"No!!" I say with stress. "Midoriya is missing and my dad texting saying that he was in the audience and no one can find the rope for Aoyama but we could probably just have Momo make it but then-"

"Stop worrying so much." Eijiro says with a grin after he cut off the start of my rambling with a peck on the lips, instantly shutting me up and making me blush. We were surrounded by our classmates right now, and usually we don't kiss much in front of them, so his bold action and confidence caught me off guard and flustered me. "I'm sure Midoriya will be here, and he probably has the rope. He wouldn't miss this, he knows Eri's in the crowd right now."

"You're right." I say, taking a deep breath and looking around once more for the green haired boy. "What the hell?! Katsuki, put on the damn shirt!" I instantly get distracted by the loud blonde wearing a black shirt instead of the orange band shirt that everyone else is wearing. I stomp over to him and grab the shirt he tried to throw in Denki's face. "Put this on, or I'll put it on you." I say threateningly as I hold my friend by the collar of his shirt, meeting his angry glare head on.

"I'm not wearing that goddamn ugly ass shirt, Airhead!" Katsuki screams at me, but I don't back down.

"You asked for it." I say calmly, then use my strength and some wind to launch him up over my shoulder and slam him onto his back, pulling his black shirt off on the process. As he retaliates and stands back up, I use the wind again to lessen his blasts he was forming in his hands and also to raise his arms up above his head. With help from Tokoyami and Denki, the three of us swiftly got his band shirt on as I sent his black shirt up into the rafters.