Chapter 37: Upgrades

A few days later, Mei contacted me and alerted me that my new weapon and costume upgrades were ready for pick up. I happily went to meet her, excited to see what magic the over-excited girl worked up for my costume.

"This is now my most precious baby!" Mei says as soon as I knock on the development studio room, dragging me in and shoving the new weapon into my hand. In its collapsed form, it look similar to my original staff, only now it's about a foot long whereas before it could condense down to about eight inches. It had to be moved to a new placement on my costume because of that, so it now resided in a holster along the spine of my leotard. It was easily reachable and not in the way, so I didn't mind the new placement. "Open it up and test my baby out!" She encouraged, and I didn't hesitate to follow through.

I extended the staff to its full length, which was only an inch longer than previously. Mei worked it out so that the staff could be used exactly the same as my original one like this, unless I grip it a certain way and give it a specific twist. Once I did those exact movements in front of her, on one end of the staff a hollow curved blade appeared out of it piece by piece before it locked into place as a solid scythe.

"Wow, that's amazing!" I observe as the blade literally appeared as if out of thin air. "It's so lightweight too, it didn't throw off the balance of the staff. It's like magic. Will the blade withstand hits though?"

"It will." Power Loader jumps in to answer reassuringly. As much as I gave free reign to Mei to design the weapon, it was all down to Power Loader and my costume designer to approve the final product. "That blade is made from some of the strongest metal there is. And it's specially crafted and designed to be hollow, that way your wind will have more room to wrap around it and enhance it. Go on and test it out. Outside of my studio this time, if you don't mind."

"Thanks, I'll go test it now!" I say happily to him as I take the briefcase for my whole costume.

"I'll come watch in a bit, I want to see my baby in action!" Mei waves me off, already distracted with whatever her next project is as I leave the room.

I noticed there was a subtle design change to my hero costume as I put it on. The combat boots, which previously went to just above my ankles, now went up to my knees where the knee pads were. The cream colored fur that was on the top of the boots is now gone, and instead two smaller stripes of fur run along the length of the boots where the laces are. My leotard top now had the new weapon holster along the spine, so it's no longer entirely mesh in the back. Now there's a bit of movable armor padding along the whole spine of it, likely so that the weapon won't irritate me as I fight. It's very flexible armor, so I'm thankful it doesn't hinder me at all.

(A/N: Again, I'm not an artist, this is just a rough idea of the design

(A/N: Again, I'm not an artist, this is just a rough idea of the design. The blue is more navy and the red is maroon.)

I was back to testing ultimate moves for the rest of that day, jumping from platform to platform as Cementoss kept creating more walls for me to destroy with my scythe while my Ectoplasm clone was timing me. It wasn't what I originally planned as my ultimate move, but I was just working on how to use the scythe for today. It was mostly like how I was using the scythe Momo made for me in the Beast's Forest, using a bit of wind to enhance the blade and flying with my agility to get to the next target faster. Not an ultimate move, but certainly a very useful fighting method.