Chapter 11: Sports Festival Part 1, Race!

Today was the day. The day of the sports festival, the day my fate is revealed and potentially sealed. I could barely sleep at all last night because I was so nervous, but thankfully I got at least a couple of hours of rest. I got hyped up a little when I woke up to Inasa kicking me out of my bed and yelling at me to show everyone my white hot passion today. He was allowed to take the day off of school today. How he swung that one with Father, I will never know.

"Irisa." Father calls out to me before I'm leaving for the day. "Today is a very important day for the students at UA."

"I know Dad, it's going to be super fun to compete at the festival." I say cheerily to him as I hoist my bag onto my shoulder and put on my shoes. At least I don't have to lie about that, everyone competes in the festival.

"Have your fun, but remember to stay out of the hero's way today. This is an important day for them, those students in the hero course are going to make a name for themselves today." He says with an indulgent smile that turns to a warning look. "Stay out of their way and don't get hurt at all."

I feel myself snap a little and I turn a heated glare to him. "This is a big day for the hero course students. All of them have worked for years to get to this very opportunity. As a top Pro Hero, you better keep your eyes peeled for who's at the top by the end of the day. You never know who may blow you away." I turn around and abruptly walk out of the door and close it before he can reply to my vague challenge.

When I got to school, we were instructed to all change into our PE uniforms and then go into waiting rooms sorted by our class. I was, as usual, the last one in the room. I had just finished adjusting my goggles on the top of my head when I walked in.

"Yoarashi-san, you're allowed to wear your hero gear goggles?" Hagakure asks me as I walk in.

"I had to put in a request form, but yeah." I answer back with a grin that doesn't reach my eyes, but no one can see that as I snap my goggles into place.

"Why are you wearing them, Yoarashi-san?" Midoriya asks in confusion.

"Well uh... Since this is televised and everyone, like literally everyone, is going to be watching, it's a bad idea to advertise to potential future villains what my weakness is. Aizawa thankfully approved me to wear my goggles to help me out in the future for when I'm a hero." I answer while sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck.

"Oh, I didn't think of that, that's so smart!" Momo says. She and I got on a first name basis last week as we were doing a quirk study project during class. I was thankful, both our last names are so long, our first names are much easier.

"Midoriya." Todoroki's cold voice silenced the room and called out the green haired boy. We all listened as the emotionless bastard challenged him to bring his all during the day, saying something about how All Might was in Midoriya's corner. His whole proclamation just made me simmer in hatred even more for the half and half boy.

"Shoto Todoroki." I block the boys exit as he tried to leave for the festival first. He met my glare with his usual dead cold eyes. "Work on fixing your own shit before you call others out on theirs. You're not better than anyone else here."

"Do you have a problem with me?" He asks dully.

"I have several." I answer bluntly before turning around and walking out the door. I hope I get to fight him today. In fact, I hope I get to destroy him today.

I lead our class out of the gate into the stadium, my head held high. I almost wanted to thank the bastard, him pissing me off helped erase my nerves about what's going to happen today. The fact my father is likely in the crowd didn't even cross my mind as I just focused on walking away from the emotionless bastard.