Chapter 17: Hero Names

I slept like the dead after the confrontation, waking long into the early afternoon the next day. Inasa had to go back to his school, but we hung out for a little before he left. Or really, he hung out while Makoto supervised me cleaning. Makoto had already gotten reamed out by our father before I had even gotten home. Father was not pleased when he learned Makoto was my accomplice in all my night training.

Apparently Makoto almost lost his job too, which I would have felt horrible about and protested against incessantly, but Makoto held his own and remained. Makoto has basically been a mother to us twins, and he's also like a best friend to our father ever since he was hired 10 years ago. So yes, those two fought, but they ended it already before I was home.

We had two days off of school after the sports festival, though I couldn't say I relaxed much. I had to clean, like super deep clean, basically a mansion all by myself. A mansion that has three wind quirk users that kick up a lot of dust on accident. That and I was still in recovery, so everything hurt. Thankfully I wouldn't have any scars from the frost bite or the burns, but my muscles did ache almost as much as my lungs.

That was another thing that came up during my two days off. Father insisted, at the recommendation of Recovery Girl, that I see my regular doctor again about my lungs. I had to sit through a full exam and x-ray again, something I haven't had to do since I was held at the hospital for several months when I was first injured. I hate hospitals, something I thankfully share in common with my dad, who was the one to take me in. Our shared dislike of the chemically clean place is one of the huge reasons why Makoto was hired. His healing quirk is a godsend for a hero, but unfortunately he can only heal surface wounds.

My doctor gave me the update that thankfully not too much more damage had been done to my lungs. He even talked optimistically about a surgery that could be done to remove some of the old scar tissue, but it's something that could only be done after school since I had to be done growing first. That news surprised both me and dad, and Inasa when he video called in as well. I was originally told my lungs couldn't be improved ever, but apparently all my running and stamina training has strengthened my lungs enough to warrant the possibility in the future.

I'm not going to say I gave my father an extremely smug grin after that news, just as I'm also not going to say I heard him call me a 'cocky little brat' under his breath.

"I didn't get pulled out of UA!!!" I yell loudly as I run into my classroom seconds before the bell after our two days off, late as usual.

"Yoarashi!" "Irisa!" "Ri-Ri!" I hear multiple voices call out to me as I take my seat. I spin around and give the class a huge grin, but Aizawa walks in just then. He's free of his bandages I've sort of grown used to seeing him in, but unfortunately it just makes his glare he sent me all that more prominent.

"Mr. Aizawa, you don't have your bandages anymore." Tsu points out as the tired Pro walks to the front of the room, thankfully drawing his angry gaze away from me.

"Yeah, the old lady went a little overboard." Aizawa says, a tiny hint of sheepishness in his tone that makes me smile. "But that's not important. You all have in important class today... in Hero Informatics."

Ah shoot, was there a test I was supposed to study for during the break? I didn't remember reading about anything, then again I hardly gave myself hope I would still be in the class. Is the test going to be a written exam? Is it a demonstration? Will one of us have to turn into a villain and attempt to kill all the classmates in order to teach us as future heroes on how to deal with betrayal and loss?!

"You have to pick your hero names." Aizawa states while I'm internally panicking.

"Oh thank god I don't have to murder all my classmates, some of them are too adorable to slaughter." I whisper out under my breath in relief.