Chapter 56: Meeting the Parents, Round Two

"Does this look ok?" Eijiro asks nervously on Saturday morning. He's changed his outfit about three times by now, super nervous about meeting my dad officially. I told him the last two looked fine, but he changed them anyway. I'm about as helpful deciding outfits for others as Mashirao is.

"This outfit makes you look super manly and charming and responsible, I like it." I lay it on a little thick, but also really do like his outfit. He's wearing a red button down shirt and dark wash jeans, and it makes him look a comfortable cross between casual and formal. I walk up to him and adjust his slightly crooked collar, then give him a light kiss on his cheek. "Are you ready?"

"As I'll ever be." He chuckles, but takes my hand none the less and leads me out of his room.

We walk through the dorms on the way out, Eijiro getting supportive claps on his back from our friends and bids of good luck while I giggle at them for their antics. My dad's intense, but he's not that bad to meet. Besides, he already let slip to me that he likes Eijiro, so I'm too worried, I just know he wants to do his over protective 'dad speech'.

It's Makoto I'm more worried about.

Once I texted I was coming home this weekend, Makoto already organized the whole thing. We couldn't even walk to my home together because we were being picked up by my caretaker. I think he doesn't want us to have any alone time together. Either way, Makoto's the one who's a stickler for tradition, even more so than my dad is. He still gets scandalized when I talk about hanging out with boys unchaperoned.

"Makoto!" I rush up to my caretaker when he steps out of the car at the school gates. I barely put the brakes on my wind enhanced speed before I launch into a tight hug with him.

"Ms. Irisa, you're getting sloppy with your timing." Makoto groans since I didn't slow down enough. "It's very nice to see you, but we really should be getting home now." He parts from the hug and glances behind me, a steely look taking over his eyes. "You can show your... friend into the car."

"Still bitter, I see." I tease him, but walk back over to Eijiro. "Eijiro, this is my caretaker, Makoto Honda. Makoto, this is my wonderful boyfriend, Eijiro Kirishima. Be nice." I glare slightly at the older man.

"It's wonderful to officially meet you, sir." Eijiro says politely, putting his hand out.

"A pleasure, young Kirishima." Makoto says stiffly, but still shakes his hand all the same. I can see him putting a lot of strength into the grip, but Eijiro's a hero in training, I know he can handle it.

It was a quiet ride to the house after that. I made idle chatter, but mostly about my dad's condition. I've called and checked in every day, but I wanted to hear from the household medic. Dad's been in pain, but is doing much better. He's able to walk a little bit now, so that's good news.

"Wow, this is your home?!" Eijiro asks in awe as we pull up to our estate.

"Yup, home sweet home." I grin broadly as we get out of the car. "This place was my mom's first baby, she designed it from the ground up." We walk up the steps, Makoto opening the door for us as we walk in. I take joy in seeing Eijiro's eyes light up even more when he takes in the interior.

"Irisa." My dad's voice cuts through Eijiro's awe, drawing our attention to where he's walking in from his study.

"Hi Dad." I say happily, walking over and giving him a very delicate hug. "Dad, this is my boyfriend Eijiro Kirishima. Eijiro, this is Izumo Yoarashi, my Papa Storm."

"It's an honor to meet you under better circumstances, sir." Eijiro says, walking forward confidently to shake my dad's hand. His confidence slowly wanes as my dad doesn't immediately reach for his hand.