34

Chapter 34 :
Beomgyu scoffed, "don't you have basic manners?"
"What were you guys doing-"

"Beomgyu slipped and I caught him!", Yeonjun yelled.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"
"Grandpa said you should take off from work today"

Bomi was about to walk away when Yeonjun said, "Bomi, you should take off as well, she can try to hurt you too"

Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun and scoffed. He walked out of the room, pushing Bomi to a side.

Bomi looked at Yeonjun, "I'm sorry, he went away because of me"
"No, don't blame yourself about it"

—————

"Blind dates!? What do you need blind dates for?", Taehyun yelled.
"What do you mean? Do you not want me to get married or something?"
"I thought you would be the last person to go on blind dates for marriage purposes"
"Come on taehyun, you do know that you'll only be able to get married once I am married, right?"
"Yeah, and I am in no hurry. You shouldn't be in hurry too"
"Yes, but wouldn't everyone wish that the president of the company gets married or something?"
Taehyun scoffed, "Hyung, did something happen?"
"Not really, I'm going out for some fresh air"
"Where exactly are you going?"
"To get married"

—————

"It's been two hours and he isn't back yet"
"Come on Taehyun, how could you let him go?"
"He was mad about something, he told me to set him up with a blind date, I just asked him if something happened and he walked out saying he is going to get some fresh air"
Grandpa sighed, "a blind date? What is this boy up to?"

Yeonjun held his head, "No no no, what if mrs choi did something to him?"
"Hyung, I'll inform the officers, don't worry"

Yeonjun was visibly worried and feeling guilty too.

Bomi suggested, "grandpa, can I go look for him? I am very worried that mom will have something to do with it"

Yeonjun shook his head, "it will be dangerous for you too"

Grandpa sighed, "none of you needs to go out, taehyun, inform the cops about it and tighten the security around the house. Yeonjun, come to my room, I need to talk to you"

Yeonjun nodded and followed grandpa to his room, grandpa made him sit in front of him.

"You should stop believing everyone in this house"
"What do you mean juniorpa?"
"Bomi specifically, I doubt that she would wish well for Beomgyu in any case"
"Why is that? They are literally siblings-"
"Step siblings"
"What?", Yeonjun was confused.

Grandpa sighed, "Bomi is not beomgyu's real sister"
"How come I- I just thought she was being nice to mrs choi because she had accepted her and was being manipulated by her. But...turns out she is her blood daughter!?"
Grandpa nodded, "that is why, we can't trust her with this"

Yeonjun nodded, still trying to process this information.
"This is what I have been trying to tell you since that day"
Yeonjun nodded slightly.

—————

It was dark and there was no sign of Beomgyu returning to home.

Yeonjun was worried sick, he missed his dinner because he was busy assuming where Beomgyu could have been. Beomgyu's phone was in his room, so he couldn't be contacted through that.

Yeonjun was restless. He barged into grandpa's room and said, "grandpa, I won't be able to stay here while Beomgyu is nowhere to be found, let me go look for him, the cops are just not doing anything!"
"Yeonjun, I don't wish to put your life at stake"
"Grandpa, my life is already at stake"

Grandpa sighed, "with security. don't think twice before giving up if it saves you", he said with a heavy heart.

Yeonjun hugged grandpa, "I'll be back, and not alone"

Yeonjun hurried outside with the car keys and went on and on to look for beomgyu around the whole city.

He had nearly given up when he received a text message from taehyun, it was a audio message. Yeonjun played the audio.

"This is your dearest aunty, my darling taehyun. I thought you would be the front of the rescue team for your useless brother, so I decided to let you know about some stuff. He is already with me, we are having some mother-son bonding time, I have so much to tell him about all the time I spent behind the bars. If you're looking for him, come on all alone to the brightest part of the city"

"Fuck", Yeonjun cursed as he threw his phone on the seat and looked outside the mirror, "the brightest place? The snow tower!?"

Yeonjun started driving again, to the snow tower.

He reached upstairs and looked around. He heard footsteps, the annoying sound of heels clicking was the only sound in the quiet. Yeonjun looked around carefully when finally the lights turned on.

At the edge of the tower, was Beomgyu tied up on a chair, just a millimetre away from falling.

Yeonjun looked to a side to see Mrs Choi. Yeonjun stepped forward but was stopped, "guess who is closer to my son?"

"By the time you reach to save him, I would've already pushed him off"

"You're a persistent man aren't you choi yeonjun? What even are you behind? His money? Don't you have enough of that?"

Yeonjun didn't reply.

"His name? Come on, people still remember him as the mentally-ill heir of choi&co.s!"
"Listen, you were punished so you could look back on your actions-"
"I did do that darling and I understood what my mistake was, to let YOU enter beomgyu's life. You ruined it all, everything was going as planned but you had to be a hero!"

"You wish to be a hero, don't you? Do you perhaps know how to fly? Because beomgyu would be flying in a moment and..and you'll have to be his hero again!"

Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu. There were more footsteps, Yeonjun looked behind himself to see taehyun and bomi with the cop team.

"Mom!"
"Bomi, my love?" Mrs Choi yelled. Then she started snickering, "you are such a disgrace, my love"

—————————————————-