05

chapter 05

"the inaugration ceremony is proceeding in a few minutes, therefore the classes for the first half are suspended"
an announcement was made.

Yeonjun who was looking outside the window was shaken up by his friends.
"Choi Yeonjun, what the fuck is up with you? you aren't someone who zones out?"
"I don't know, I just got my insomnia back a week ago, it might be because of that"
"come on bro, we need to go to the ceremony I want to meet your girl!"
Soobin teased.

Kai chuckled, "Mind that Soobin, not the correct way to describe a person"
"Sorry, sir", Soobin bowed, Kai smiled.

Yeonjun stood up and the three of them walked to the building which held the two clubs, it was very crowded there, things were decorated nicely, there was a stage in the center as well. It seemed like the designated people weren't there yet.

Yeonjun walked around and looked at the art club from the glass outside.

"the view's pretty, I'll have to get some paintings for my glass house"

"but wait, won't it look weird on the wall?"

"I'll make glass frames!"

Yeonjun talked to himself when he heard Chairman's voice through the speakers.

Yeonjun walked towards the stage to see the Choi family sitting on the front sofas while Juniorpa was on the stage.

Yeonjun walked to the backstage and looked at the front to see Beomgyu sitting with something in his ears, his hands covered with white gloves, he was held by Mrs.Choi, tightly by the arm.

Yeonjun sighed and looked at Beomgyu's face which depicted nothing but pain.

"Now I would like my granddaughter, Bomi, to say a few words being the one who suggested the idea of two clubs!"
everyone clapped, Bomi walked to the stage and waved as if she was a celebrity.

Soobin rolled his eyes, "oh no, this can't be-"
"She's okay..", Kai said.

Bomi started talking about how she got the idea from one of her dreams which wasn't actually true, it was one of Beomgyu's painting about the university which leaded to the idea of clubs.

Yeonjun walked back towards the chairs, and went to sit beside Soobin and Kai.

"you guys, it's not fun here, let's go somewhere else", Soobin suggested.
Kai sighed, "you're so impatient! just wait for some time! there's going to be a buffet here, let's eat all we want!"
"piggy"
"do you want to get punched?"

"okay, enough guys. Kai's right, let's eat before leaving"
"by the way Yeonjun, the girl is pretty"
"okay? and?"
"and you're in love with her!"
"no I'm not!"
"well, you guys apparently promised each other you'd get married"
"that's a silly childhood promise"
"and the reason why you have always been single, sure, makes a lot of sense"
Yeonjun just looked away, embarrassed.

Kai smiled, "come on Soobin, you're doing too much"
"you shut up babe, don't always take your friend's side", Kai turned his flustered face away.

Yeonjun made a disgusted face.

Mrs.Choi was up on stage, "Good gracious, it feels so nice among children, I've taken care of my two kids already but everyone studying here are my children!"

"what a noble woman"
"noble, my foot", Yeonjun muttered.
"what is it dude, is she a villain?"
"probably is"

Mr. Choi was there as well, forcing Beomgyu to go up on the stage, "Come on Beomgyu, go stand beside your mother"

Beomgyu didn't reply. Bomi harshly grabbed his hand and dragged him to the stage.

Yeonjun moved from his place as he saw Beomgyu fall down. Everyone started laughing, Beomgyu held his ears, his hair were wet from his sweat, his bangs were messy.

A bodyguard helped Beomgyu get up as he walked to the stage. Mrs.Choi chuckled, "my son Beomgyu, he is sick, so he won't say anything, but here he is!"

Beomgyu was shivering, the boy was acting very different from usual and it was visible, he was scared and had no thoughts of offending anyone.

Everyone left the stage, Beomgyu still stood there, getting mocked by the others. Yeonjun ran towards the stage and looked around, Yeonjun has always been loved by everyone, he was never in his life laughed on by someone. He wouldn't have known until this day, how it feels to be a victim of mocking.

Yeonjun looked at Juniorpa who couldn't help Beomgyu, he was being pulled away to the buffet with other committee members. No one actually cared about Beomgyu.

Yeonjun ran to the stage and held Beomgyu's hand, "Come with me".

Yeonjun took Beomgyu to the barren garden behind the university, he could hear Beomgyu's sobs all the way.

Yeonjun made Beomgyu sit down on an elevated platform and texted his friends. Beomgyu sat there, still shivering. Yeonjun bent down and held Beomgyu's chin, making him look up, "Beomgyu, I am here, stop crying, don't worry".

Yeonjun removed Beomgyu's gloves, Yeonjun's phone rang.
"Yes grandpa?"
"Yeonjun, is Beomgyu with you? if so, can you please keep him safe and away from our house till tonight, Seobyul is in a bad mood and I'm afraid.."
"Don't worry, I'll take care of it"
"I'm very grateful to know you son, take care please"
call ended.

Yeonjun looked at Beomgyu's hands, his palms had red marks, Yeonjun's eyes widened.
"who did this Beomgyu?"
Beomgyu didn't reply. Yeonjun sighed and picked Beomgyu up in bridal style, "I'm taking you to my house, grandpa told me to, okay?"
Beomgyu held Yeonjun's shirt and hid his face in his chest.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄