07

chapter 07

Beomgyu chuckled and giggled like he used to, twelve years ago.
The sight made Yeonjun smile each time, as if Beomgyu's giggles were contagious.

Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun as he ate his veg pasta, "do you want some?"
"mom said-"
"it's tasty"
"give me some"
Yeonjun smirked in satisfaction and his hand which held the fork approached Beomgyu's wide opened mouth.
Yeonjun pulled it away and engulfed it.

Beomgyu glared at Yeonjun, "You asked me if I wanted some!"
"and you did say give it, but it's my choice if I want to give it or not"
"but i gave you my sandwich!"
"I gave you my favorite chocolate!"
"if I knew it was your favorite, I wouldn't have eaten it!"
"you're such a talker for a kidult"
Yeonjun covered his mouth after saying that.

Beomgyu froze while whining after hearing that, he couldn't believe Yeonjun said something like the others. He thought Yeonjun was different. He couldn't believe Yeonjun said the same words as her menace of a step-mother.

Beomgyu stood up and ran to the living room. Yeonjun hitted his forehead, "choi yeonjun, you dumb idiot! that was so insensitive!"

Yeonjun sighed and picked up his phone as he walked to the living room.
"Beomgyu, I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it in that way, see, I'll punish myself"
Yeonjun smacked his lips and then shrieked in pain. Beomgyu looked around nervously and walked to him with widened eyes, "Are you stupid? you shouldn't hurt-"
Beomgyu saw Yeonjun smiling.

"Hyung, you aren't even sincere!"
Beomgyu whined and turned around.

Yeonjun was about to say something when the doorbell rang, Yeonjun walked to the door and opened it.

There stood a blonde boy with a black leather jacket and sharp facial features. He look really attractive, even in lack of light.
"Hey, I'm guessing you're Yeonjun?"
"that's right, and you are...?"
"Oh, I'm here to pick Beomgyu!"
"Juniorpa might've sent you"
the boy nodded.

"Beomgyu, there's someone to-"
Beomgyu came out running and yelled with happiness, "Taehyunnie!!"
Beomgyu hugged the boy who stood there and he smiled by the sudden attack.

Yeonjun was confused, but then he remembered about what Beomgyu said. Yeonjun cleared his throat and asked, "do you want to come inside?"
"no, I'll be leaving for dinner at home"
"oh, your choice. Nice to meet you though"
"Same here", Taehyun smiled. Beomgyu didn't leave his neck yet.

Taehyun said in a softer tone, "Hyung, go bring your bag!"
Beomgyu nodded and ran inside.

"Beomgyu be careful!", Yeonjun yelled.

Taehyun said, "Actually, grandpa wanted me to thank you for taking good care of Beomgyu, you're really among the few who actually care about him"
"it's not a big deal, he's nice around me, I wanted to ask something though"
"go ahead"
"do you know anything about the therapy-"

"I got it!", Beomgyu yelled and looked at Yeonjun, Beomgyu went closer to Yeonjun and said, "the pasta tastes good!"
Yeonjun was astonished at the younger's words. Beomgyu elegantly smiled brightly in the dark.

Taehyun cleared his throat and said, "I'll take your number from grandpa, let's talk about that later?"
"Sure, Thanks!"

"talk about what?"
"let's go Beomgyu"
"wait! you can go! I'll come in a second!"
Taehyun nodded and went to sit in the car.

Beomgyu walked to Yeonjun who raised his eyebrows as he saw the boy walking towards him.
"what is-"
Beomgyu hugged Yeonjun, "Thank you hyung! I saw this in movies, we need to hug during goodbyes if we don't know we will meet again or-"
"okay, enough, you got your hug, right, now don't speak much"
Beomgyu smiled as he pressed his head on Yeonjun's chest for the last time and pulled away.

Beomgyu kept waving as he walked backwards.

"Be careful! there's a step!"
Beomgyu smiled and turned around as he ran to sit beside Taehyun.

Yeonjun smiled and sighed of relief. "empty much", Yeonjun rubbed his stomach.

"Where did you go? huh?", Mrs.Choi yelled.

"At a friend's-"
"Now you're talking back to me? and friend? who would be friends with you, you fag!"
Beomgyu looked at her in confusion, "what does that mean?"
"shut up! and go to your room! grounded for two days!"
"why-"
"do you want me to talk shit about your mom again?"
"I'm going! I'm going you witch!"
Mrs.Choi scoffed.

Beomgyu walked to his room, Taehyun could only stand there and listen, he wouldn't want to offend his mother's dear sister-in-law. Taehyun was Beomgyu's cousin, his mother and Beomgyu's father were siblings, both boys stayed together after Taehyun came back to Korea because of his father's transfer. He believed he could provide company to Beomgyu, but the timings weren't so great, it was the time when Beomgyu's mother passed away. Taehyun couldn't help Beomgyu, even if he wished to.

Both boys were really close though, Taehyun tried his best to take care of his brother unlike Bomi, who didn't care at all, well yes, why would someone care for their step-brother?

Beomgyu closed his door and took out his box of memories. The boy was really empathetic towards his past.

Yeonjun sat in the café on a Sunday, deeply immersed in his laptop.

Soobin peeked from the back and yelled, "are you switching majors?"

Yeonjun was startled, "no! why!"
"then why are you reading those psychological things!"
"because I'm interested!"
"in? that boy of yours?"
"oh come on Soobin, go talk to your boy for now!"
"oh, hes busy enchanting ladies, poor women, don't even know he's mine"
"aren't you jealous?"
"should I be?"
"isn't he like flirting or so?"
"well, I trust him and he's in my arms at the end of the day so.."
Yeonjun chuckled and nodded, yeonjun could never, he thought, he was a very possessive person.

Yeonjun continued writing something in his notepad. Soobin said, "Yeonjun, you've got assignments to complete why are you-"
"Oh? I stayed up yesterday, they're all done"
"Alright, then give them to me", Soobin placed his hands forward and smiled.

Yeonjun chuckled and rolled up his middle finger.

"Yeonjun, a friend in need is a friend indeed..!"
"Why is this friend of mine always in need!?"
Yeonjun said. Soobin smiled wider.

"I'll email it"
"you're the best!", Soobin said and got up.

Yeonjun looked around and spotted a cute cake.

thank you for checking out the story

thank you for checking out the story. hope you're enjoying.
have a good day! ♡
✄✄✄✄