22

Chapter 22

"He has been going to the faculty for a week now", Grandpa said.
Mr Choi nodded, "Well then father, if you think he should join Taehyun to England, I don't mind at all"
Grandpa nodded, "Go get ready for the pre-wedding party"
Mr Choi nodded as he left the room.

"You still didn't answer me Yeonjun"
"Give me some time, Bomi"
I'm so disappointed in you Yeonjun, the girl you wanted to be with is asking you out and you being trash like always, you haven't even replied to her.

Yeonjun sighed as he stood beside Bomi, waiting for the event to start. It has been a week since he got a glimpse of Beomgyu, that too was in the university and just for a few seconds.

The boy is getting married tomorrow. Both of them have been really distant since that night. Yeonjun had been distracted with searching an answer for Bomi. It wasn't a question of rotational motion that Yeonjun had been spending so much time on it.

Yeonjun took a look around. The wedding ceremony was taking place in the garden. The breeze was pleasant that day. Yeonjun was wearing a white suit with black collars and buttons. He had his hair set in the signature yeonjun style.

The place started becoming crowded soon. Yeonjun saw Soobin and Kai, Beomgyu had invited the two.

Soobin stood beside Yeonjun and said, "You're fine, right?"
"Yeah, I'm fine, obviously!", Yeonjun smiled. 

Soobin sighed, he closed his fist tightly and closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down.

Beomgyu walked up the stage. He was the center of attention. Yeonjun's eyes didn't dare to move from the boy. It could've been longing, but to soobin, it looked like something else.

Soobin held Yeonjun's wrist tightly and dragged him inside the house. Yeonjun was startled. He asked, "What is it Soobin?"
"The thing is you're a fucking idiot!"
"Come on now, why is everyone calling me stupid or an idiot?"
"Because Yeonjun, you clearly aren't happy! I can sense it from your eyes, you can tear up anytime!"
"No, I'm happy..I am happy. I really am, you noticed how Beomgyu is more confident with the crowd today? I'm so happy for him"
"For him? how about you? Yeonjun, are you happy with whatever is happening? You won't regret anything? You will just let everything be? You know Beomgyu is just being sold, right?"
"He's not being sold, it's just that-"
"Yeri literally confronted to you!"
Yeonjun sighed, "And? So? What can I do about it? He thinks I'm in love with his sister! He thinks I like her sister more than him, he thinks I can't love him because he is not like Bomi, because he is not-"
"Isn't that true? Don't you love Bomi?"

Yeonjun started crying as he held his head, "No, I don't. I don't love Bomi..I can't love Bomi. I know I promised her, but I just- I'm not able to love her, everything feels vacant somewhere, I'm with Bomi but I feel like I belong somewhere else. I feel like-"
"Get your sense back. Sort yourself. Beomgyu is getting married today, that boy doesn't understand the meaning of marriage, but you do!"
Yeonjun sighed. Soobin sighed as well as he pulled his best friend into a hug.

"I would've told you to take your time Yeonjun, but there is literally no time left. I know you have loved Bomi, the Bomi who used to send you letters. But Yeonjun, you can't live with that emotion forever, you need to accept the fact that there is a difference between the Bomi who wrote you letters and the Bomi you know today."

Yeonjun nodded and pulled away. Soobin looked at him in curiousity. "You're right soobin, I shouldn't have given up, just because Beomgyu told me I don't love him, I can't act like I don't, when I actually do. I can't give up on it and let yeri ruin his life, I need to make everything right"
Soobin nodded, "That way, you'll hurt less as well"