12

Chapter 12

"So you're telling me she kissed you?"
"Yeah"
"That's a good thing, isn't it?"
"I don't know Soobin, something is holding me back"
"holding you back from?"
"from confessing my feelings. all the things I've felt for years"
"Just think about it Yeonjun, isn't it too cliché and impractical to fall for someone you've never met, never seen, you don't even know if that person existed, it could've been that you were being fooled!"
"Soobin, we've talked about this before. I couldn't help it back then, she became my only friend. Her letters helped me deal with everything, you wouldn't understand how I used to wait for the letters."
Soobin sighed.

"Okay, coming back to the present, Yeonjun, I'll be pretty clear, have you felt anything genuine towards Bomi? or was it just old feelings arising when you saw her or she tempted you?"
"I don't know how this mechanism works Soobin"
Soobin nodded, pouting. He thought about it for a while. The café was unusually quiet today and Kai was busy experimenting a dish.

Yeonjun said, "Also..Beomgyu wants to study"
"That's a good thing, I believe it was that medication which was the problem"
"But his mother doesn't know about us boycotting the medicine"
"Does he still get therapy?"
"Yeah, but I've been thinking if I could give him some time instead of his suspicious therapist"
"You should talk about that to his grandfather, you guys can go on dates, you know. He'll get to know so much about the exterior world"
"Dates?"
"Yeah? I mean, outings"
Yeonjun nodded.

"Also Yeonjun, as passionate of a guy you are, I don't think you're actually into Bomi, otherwise you would've been dating her by now"
"Should I be dating her?"
"Why shouldn't you be, if you like her?"
"I don't know, it just feels wrong"
"You're messed up"
Yeonjun sighed. Soobin smiled slightly, "Just go visit Beomgyu, when you are in his presence, you forget about other troublesome stuff"
"How are you so good at reading me?"
"Maybe you're just very obvious"
Yeonjun rolled his eyes.

"He's up in his room, he isn't letting anyone enter today, but he sounds cheerful", Grandpa said.

"Also Juniorpa, can I take him to the uni? I want to know what all he's interested in"
Grandpa smiled and nodded.

"and.."
"you've got a lot of things to say today"
"I've been thinking a lot"
"Say it Yeonjun"
"Can you just tell his therapist to not come again? I'll take care of him"
"Yeonjun, you're the only person beside Taehyun who I can trust with Beomgyu, I do believe you with everyone decision you make for him, I can talk to his therapist about it"
"Thank you, Juniorpa"
"No, thank you, honestly. You're an angel specially designed for my family"
"my family? Juniorpa, now it's my family too. I can't visit my parents on daily basis, but since I've started coming here, I feel like home"
"That's very kind of you Yeonjun, the relationships here are on the verge of dismantling, you still find peace and home in here"
"Blame your grandson for that"
Grandpa chuckled.

Yeonjun walked up to the room to see the board hanging, it was changed. It was of blue color now, with yellow paint all over it and it said, "Don't knock if you're not:1)Grandpa 2)Taehyunie"

Yeonjun pouted and looked around, he shouldn't knock, should he? Yeonjun then spotted a sticky note on the board in the bottom right corner.
"Just come in if you're Yeonjun Hyung", Yeonjun chuckled and opened the door, which was obviously unlocked, to see Beomgyu painting. His room, was a mess.

Beomgyu's room had always been clean everytime Yeonjun had visited. But this time, it was messy, it was like Beomgyu had been searching for something in his room, he also had some canvas spread around the room.