Chapter 72-Someone Explain This

Warnings: mentions of death

"So, to sum up," I took a deep breath. "Mirror girl had a second ability, which was seeing the dead."
Élliot nodded. He sat next to me on a log, leaving some space between us.
"And the people watching me right now probably think I'm crazy?" I added, flicking my eyes around,
Élliot snorted, "Most likely."
I impulsively reached out for his hand. Instead of the familiar warmth, my hand went straight through his.
"Focus," Élliot murmured, turning to face me. He held his hand out.
I tried again, trying to imagine how his hand felt.
"It's alright," Élliot assured me, offering a smile, "It'll take time to recover from the fight. Besides, you've got whatever they're using to keep your abilities silent."
I'd already tried to summon all of my abilities but none worked except the ghost one. The Wraith was still there, lurking in the depths of my mind. Whenever I tried to reach out to her, I collided with a wall. Even her usual rage was muted, leaving me feeling more myself than I had in months.
"You should get some sleep," Élliot said, glancing at the sky. "It's late."
"Come with me," I said impulsively, scared that if I let him out of my sight, he would vanish.
Élliot nodded, rising to walk next to me.
"Alby said something strange earlier," I said, pulling my jacket closer to fight off the cold. I had retrieved it from my room earlier, knowing how cold it could get at night.
"What did he say?" Élliot asked absentmindedly, clearly thinking about something else. He was rather attractive in this light, staring off at the stars.
"That starving wouldn't help my siblings."
Élliot stopped walking, I had his full attention. I frowned at his reaction, crossing my arms.
"What aren't you telling me?" I demanded, studying his guilty expression. "I waited, hoping you would tell me what you've been hiding for months."
Élliot sighed, looking away.
"I'm sorry," he murmured, "In the future where I did tell you, I saw you die."
"Tell me what?" I asked, softening at his tortured expression.
His eyes traced back to me, almost grey now.
"Nikolai and Lillian aren't dead."

400 words