⁕18⁕

A/n: 260 reads and 50 votes and I'll drop the next chapter immediately

A/n: 260 reads and 50 votes and I'll drop the next chapter immediately. ✌🏻😉

"Who is he to you?" he gritted through his clenched teeth.

I looked at him, confused, before realising what he was asking and who he was referring to. I don't know how to tell him, or if I even want to tell him. I can feel my breathing rate increase just thinking about him.

"Um, my ex," I said quietly, trying to control my breathing and looking down.

"Look at me," he said commandingly, sending shivers down my spine.

I raised my head and looked him in the eyes; he walked forward, lowered himself to my level in front of me, and took my trembling hand in his. My hand was cold with sweaty palms, while his hand was warm but rough and hard.

"Darling, he is not your ex; there is more you are not telling me; you do not have panic attacks just looking at your ex's image," he said aggressively, but his tone did not match his touch, which was gently caressing the back of my hand with his thumb.

"Please, I do not want to talk about him. He is just my ex, nothing more," I said, leaning back and closing my eyes, a tear falling from my eye.

When I felt his hand on my cheek, gently grabbing it and rubbing the tear away, I opened my eyes and lifted my head. His touch was feather-light.

"You should know this—he is my business rival." After saying this, he stood up and walked away, leaving me alone with my thoughts and in shock. How is this possible given that he was not in India? Why am I even living? I had no idea about Rudra, who is a big figure in India, and now that horrible person is back.

I still don't know anything.

I dropped myself on the couch with a thud and exhaled a shuddering breath. I pinched my forehead because of the pain. That man is one of the causes of my misery and is now Rudra's business rival.

When you do not forget or move on from your past, it always comes back to haunt you in the present.

I heard the door open and his footsteps, but I did not move from where I was. I could feel him close to me.

"Get up, Chandini; let me drop you off at your house, and then I have to go to mine," he said.

I moved my face to look at him after hearing footsteps again; he was standing by his desk, his back to me. He took a file and his phone. I got up from the couch but quickly sat back down due to the pain in my head. He quickly turned and walked towards me.

"What happened?" he worriedly asked.

"Nothing; I just felt a little dizzy," I said, a small smile on my face.

"Okay, hold my hand," he said, extending his hand. But I shook my head.

"No, I am fine," I said politely. He nodded his head as he moved towards the door and opened it for me to leave first.