⁕16⁕

I stared at the door, perplexed as to why she ran out when I took off my shirt

I stared at the door, perplexed as to why she ran out when I took off my shirt. I had no idea what had happened. What did I do to make her so red, timid, and trembling? I was at a safe distance from her, and she did not have to run from me.

I sat back down in my chair, deep in thought about the time I held her hand outside the building. These emotions. These sensations. My heart races whenever she's around me, making me forget about everything. I had never felt anything like that before. When my rough hand pressed against her soft ones. Her hand was soft and delicate. She tried twice to distract me from becoming angry. Nobody had ever been able to calm me down, but she did. Even though I had hurt her, she was worried about me.

How is she so selfless? She is concerned about someone she does not know and who has harmed her several times. And while she was in pain herself?

I need to keep myself in control. I can't be hurting her every time she sees me. I fucking have to stop.

I heard the door open and someone entered. I did not pay much attention because my mind was already preoccupied with Chandini's thoughts. She had been invading my mind ever since I first saw her.

"Uhh... Rudra?" someone said in my ear, and I leapt from my chair.

I snapped my head back and saw Rahul standing there, but he took a few steps back from me because of my reaction. I looked at the idiot, puzzled, before realising I was thinking about Chandini and smiling widely. I rubbed my face with my hand and thinned my lips.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

I sat down again and ran my hand through my hair, making it even messier. But I groaned, closing my eyes and placing another hand on my back.

"Give me the ice pack!" I said as I extended my hand.

I leaned back and closed my eyes, resting my head on the chair. Rahul handed me the pack.

"What happened to you? Why are you making these noises, and why do you need this ice pack and painkillers?" Rahul bombards me with questions, sounding confused. This is not anything new for him.

I did not say anything and went about putting the pack on my back. I sighed at the cold, which provided some relief, and took a deep, relaxed breath. I blinked and ignored him, taking the tablet with water and closing my eyes once more. Rahul sighed at my stubborn ass, behaviour.

"Just tell me if I need to call the doctor," he asked in concern. I denied him with a shake of my head.

Rahul left, leaving me alone to enjoy the relief of reduced pain. My phone suddenly beeped with a notification. I raised my head and picked up the phone to see that Muktha had sent me a picture. I opened the message and sat up straight.

I cursed myself for moving so quickly and hissed in pain. After seeing the picture, my mind and thoughts were all blurred, and I could not think clearly. It was a picture of Chandini in a wedding lehnga, looking stunning. She had a big smile on her face, and her eyes were bright with joy.