The Perfect Sky Is Torn

THE PERFECT SKY IS TORN

MACKENZIE

Sunlight was streaming through the slatted blinds at the windows. I rolled onto my back exhausted. A satisfied smile spread slowly across my face as we listened to the gentle swish of the waves rolling onto the beach.

"That was amazing."

"Mmm," Harry reached over and checked his watch, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "We should get up."

"No," I pouted and rolled onto my side towards him. "Not yet." I started to trail my fingers slowly across his smooth chest, in between the dark ink of his two symmetrical swallow tattoos. He lay there with his hands locked behind his head, staring up at the ceiling as I planted little kisses on his stomach, edging lower and lower until I reached the sparse little tuft of hair just below his belly button.

He took a long breath in and held it there before exhaling slowly. "It's late, we should go get breakfast."

"Or...," I said, tilting my head to one side and looking up at him seductively. "We could stay in bed a bit longer and do it all over again." I continued my trail of downward kisses, stopping to speak in between each one. "I can honestly say... Harry Styles... that you...are... the best."

He looked down at me. "Best what?"

"The best...I've ever had...In bed."

He looked down at me, then pulled a face. "How many have you had exactly?"

I looked away coyly, twiddling with the ends of my hair. "A few."

Suddenly, an image of Daniel from the night of my party flashed into my head. Him holding me down on the table, the smell of stale alcohol on his breath. I felt my stomach knot and I shuddered slightly as I pushed it quickly from my mind and shuffled further up the bed so that Harry and I were lying side by side on our backs.

I reached for my phone and held it out at arms length in front of us, leaning my face in close to Harry's, breathing in the fresh scent of his aftershave. "Smile." I pressed the button to take a photo, then studied it. "That's a great pic! I should put it on twitter."

"No!" Harry's face screwed up and he sat up. "Don't post anything on twitter ok?" He sounded really agitated. I sat up and pulled my knees into my chest, surprised at his reaction.

"Ok, I was just joking, I wasn't really going to post it." I knelt up behind him and draped my arms around his neck, feeling his bare skin against mine, kissing him on the cheek and resting my head on his shoulder. "Come and lie back down again." I fell back onto the bed and patted the space beside me. "Let's have some more fun."

He looked back over his shoulder at me lying naked on the bed and smiled. "It's nearly lunchtime."

He got up, pulled on a pair of bermuda shorts and walked over to the window, opening it wide. A gentle breeze filled the room and I turned my face towards it and sighed. "I can't believe we've been here over a week already."

"Mmm."

"It's going too quick."

He leaned on the windowsill and looked out.

"You should ask them if we can stay another month, maybe just the two of us though." I looked up, waiting for a response but he seemed lost in his own thoughts.

A faint sound of giggling from outside floated in on the breeze. "What are you watching?"

"Just the ocean."

Wrapping the bed sheet around me, I got up and walked over to the window. Standing behind Harry, I could see that his eye line was trained, not out to sea, but on Beth, who was positioned behind her easel on the veranda. Her hair was down, she had a pencil in her hand and she was laughing as Tilde posed, pouting, holding two coconut halves on her chest like a bra. That girl was an idiot.