Like A Virgin

LIKE A VIRGIN

BETH

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry," I felt my cheeks blush as I looked into the ice blue eyes of the gorgeous guy I'd just collided with. He steadied me with his muscular arms that I could tell had benefited from daily work outs.

He grinned. "That's cool babes," he had a strong Essex accent.

I faltered, trying to find the right words to explain what had just happened, feeling myself growing redder by the second. "I mean about ...it wasn't how it sounded... Rylan was trying to get my jeans off...I mean he was trying to get me up on the bed..." Oh God! Nothing was coming out right. "I don't usually talk about vaginas."

A cheeky smile spread across his face, revealing two cute dimples. "You should, they're my favourite subject...along with cars. Bet you've got a lovely one...

"Excuse me?" I said, shocked.

"Car, I mean. Bet you've got a lovely car." He winked at me suggestively. "I'm Kirk by the way."

"Beth," I muttered as I struggled to hide my shock at his overtly lewd comment. I quickly backed away from him and moved behind the front desk, trying to look professional but failing miserably and tipping a pot of pens all over the counter. As attractive as he was, and he really was, I was beginning to dislike him.

With that Rylan came bouncing out of the cubicle. "It's only a vajazzle! Anyone would think you'd just been let out of a convent or some..." he stopped in his tracks at the sight of a good looking male in the shop and started to mince over to him, a seductive look on his face.

"Kirk! You handsome devil! How you doin' babes?

"Yeah, good mate."

"Still goin' out with Sonia?"

"Nah, we broke up a couple of weeks ago. She found out I'd got off with Tasha on a drunken night out. Apparently one of her mates was there an she told her everything. So funny! I was proper busted mate. Still, plenty more fish in the sea." He looked over in my direction and started to laugh and I felt my anger levels rising. Who did he think he was? Boasting about being unfaithful to his girlfriend?

"Shut...up! Rylan hit him playfully on the arm. You're gettin' a right reputation round here!

Kirk nodded. "Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen mate."

I had to physically stop myself from giving him a piece of my mind. He was the most sexist, arrogant...

Rylan gave him his best pout. "So what can we do you for today babes? Full body wax?"

He grinned. "You wish mate! Might get a paint job done...spray tan,"

"I'll do it!" Rylan cut in so loudly it made me jump.

"Aw, that's a shame. I was hoping this lovely lady would like to get me naked and spray me," I could feel his eyes looking me up and down and I suddenly felt really relieved I'd worn my high necked jumper so he at least couldn't have the pleasure of leering down my top.

"I'm busy," I snapped, scanning the appointment book for no reason whatsoever except to make it look like I was doing something.

I saw him out of the corner of my eye moving closer to the counter so I began making random marks on today's page, my cheeks flushing with a mixture of embarrassment and growing annoyance.

"Aw, that's a shame. When can you..er..." He leaned as far forward as he could over the counter and looked up at me, grinning, "fit me in?"

Realising he was making a sexual reference; I looked down at him and gave him the most disdainful glare I could muster. "I can't, I'm busy all day, sorry. Why don't you try the tanning shop on the High Street, 'Tanfastic' you might have more luck there."