I Knew You Were Trouble...

I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE

ANNA

I looked out of the window and smiled to myself. The brilliant red and orange hues of a beautifully coloured sunset were still blazing across the sky as dusk slowly began to set in. I watched as Zayn lit a camp fire on the beach, while Niall and Liam cooked burgers and sausages on the BBQ at the far side of the veranda.

"Only 3 days of paradise left," I sighed, feeling a pang of sadness and turning to Tilde but getting no response. "Tilly!"

"Eh?" She looked up in a daze. "Soz, I was lost in this nacho."

"We're going to be leaving here soon." I started to chop vegetables for the salad, tossing them into a large bowl, trying to put all thoughts of returning to the hell that was home, out of my mind.

"It sucks doesn't it? We've all had the best time of our lives out here. How can we go back to reality now?"

I frowned. "I know, everything feels different. You're married now for a start!"

She held out her hand and grinned, proudly showing off the jelly ring on her wedding finger. "Yep, I'm Mrs Horan now. Who'd have thought it eh?"

"You two were made for each other. Have you talked about what'll happen after the holiday?"

"Yep. I'm heading home to Sweden for a couple of weeks, then Nialler chops is going to join me and we're going to look a house together near to the boys recording studio. Lucky for me, they're out in Sweden a fair bit working on songs, writing and recording and stuff. Niall wants me to go with them on the next tour too, we're just trying to work it so we see as much of each other as possible. How about you and Liam?"

I glanced out at Liam, he looked gorgeous, his face glowing in the light of the BBQ. "He's going to help me get a good demo CD together and hook me up with a producer friend of his who he wants to listen to my songs so I guess that'll mean spending a fair bit of time together over the next few months. It'll be difficult for him to get out to Australia regularly though and I guess I'll have to finish School before I can leave, unless a record deal were to come my way, in which case I'd be out of there like a shot."

"You don't like Australia?" She looked at me puzzled and I shook my head, an image of Lizzie James flashed into my mind. She was coming towards me, poised to punch me in the stomach.

"I love the country but there are some things about Australia I hate. I want out of there, the sooner the better. If I could move to London...Well, we'll see."

"Wow," she mused. "This holiday really has changed all of us hasn't it? Especially Cruella and Hazza. Who would have thought she'd get herself up the d..." she stopped speaking as Kenzie sauntered into the kitchen.

"Hey guys, bad news I'm afraid."

"The Doctors can't fix your face?" Tilde asked, making me stifle a giggle. Mackenzie shot her daggers.

"No," she said, her mouth turning downwads into an ugly pout. "We're out of lemons so I can't make my special cocktails."

She turned about heel and flounced out of the kitchen in a huff, Tilly muttering after her, "Maybe you could just squeeze yourself, you're bitter enough."

"You're so funny!" I laughed. I loved the way she had of dealing with Mackenzie, it made me feel like I could stand up to her more. She hadn't come anywhere near me or asked me to do anything else for her for the last two weeks and I think maybe it was because I'd grown stronger around her. It was like we'd both come to an understanding that she couldn't use me anymore, not now that I had Beth, Tilly and Liam fighting my corner.