Fade To Black

FADE TO BLACK

TILDE 

Our camp fire was crackling away as we all sat around it in a circle, feeling totally stuffed full of burgers and hot dogs. I watched as Anna handed the guitar to Nialler chops and went inside to the bathroom. I felt really happy that she'd got the courage up to play her song for us. She seemed like a different girl to the shy little thing I'd met in the airport in New York just a few weeks ago.

"Holy shizzle! How fudgin' talented is that girl?" I said, looking around the group. "We have to get her in front of your music people boys." Harry, Niall and Liam nodded in unison. "Ok, when Zayn gets back, you need to do your special version of 'Little Things' for us girls again." I gave Louis and Niall my bestest pleading look. "Pleeeeease, it made me almost pee my pants when you did it for us in New York."

"Jesus, dat seems like ages ago," Niall said shaking his head. "Ha, ha...remember Louis' room service phone call?"

"Tampons!" I shouted loudly and everyone cracked up laughing. "Remember when we hid from Liam and jumped out on him and he nearly has a heart attack? That was totes hilarious!" As I looked over, I noticed Beth and Harry exchange a look before Beth blushed and looked down at the floor. I guessed they were both remembering their little moment together in the closet.

I looked up at my Nialler chops, knowing that he couldn't resist my puppy dog eyes. "Pleeeeeeease sing it again. It's sooo funny and it'll mean we won't have to listen to Cruella murdering an innocent song when she comes back from the bathroom."

Niall grinned, then leaned over and hugged me hard, his big booming laugh making his whole body shake. He opened his mouth to speak but stopped when Zayn appeared at the door and started scanning frantically across the beach. "Where's Anna? Did she come out here?"

Seeing the worried look on his face, I stood up. "She hasn't come out here. What's wrong?"

"Something's happened," he ran his fingers through his hair. "We need to find her. Check the house. Check the beach."

"What's happened?" Liam put his guitar down and started to walk towards Zayn who went to say something, then stopped. "I'll tell you later. We just need to find her, I'm...I'm worried...for her safety."

At that, everyone sprang into action. Harry Beth and Louis ran to check all the rooms in the house and the gym, Niall and Liam searched the surrounding beach and over by the trees where the hammocks were. Zayn went into the garage and pulled out three large flashlights, handing one to me. I'd never seen him look this stressed before.

After ten minutes, everyone emerged, having searched inside and out. Harry came in from the front of the house. "She's not here. We've looked in all the rooms."

We all stood looking at Zayn, who was staring into the distance. "Ok, where else might she go?"

We all thought for a second before Liam jumped in. "The cove. She might have gone there. Is she ok mate? What's going on?" He looked distressed, his eyes pleading with Zayn to tell him something.

"We just need to find her bruv." He gave Liam a strange look, like he wanted to say something but couldn't. "Tilly, you've got a flashlight, come with Liam and I to the cove. Guys, keep looking around here and call us if she comes back." With that, he set of at a mental pace down the beach towards the cove, Liam and I struggling to keep up with him.

"Fudgin' hell Zayn!" I shouted, my chest burning from running so fast. "Slow down at bit, I'm dying!" Liam slowed enough to let me catch up with him. He put out his hand and I grabbed it, letting him pull me along so I didn't fall too far behind.