Cheese Rolling

CHEESE ROLLING

TILDE

I sat up in bed and looked out of the window at the magical blanket of snow covering the grass and the gently sloping roof tops.

Suddenly the door swung open and in bounced Emma and Amy, in their big winter coats, bringing with them a rush of cold air from outside. I plumped up my pillow, leaned back onto it and tapped the top of the pizza box. "See? I told you I'd wait til you got here to eat it." I opened the box with a dramatic flourish. "Ta da! Pizza!"

"Tilly," Emma sighed. "Where's the pepperoni?"

I looked down at the slightly sad, barren looking pizza in front of me and frowned. "God damn it! They’ve forgotten the pepperoni."

Before I could close the box there were two disappointed faces peering in from either side of the bed, studying the pizza carefully. "Would you believe it?" I said, tutting loudly.

"Why are there pepperoni sized circles in the cheese Tilly?" Amy said accusingly.

I leant in closer. "Are there? Where?"

Amy poked a chubby finger into the box and started pointing at various bits of pizza. "There, there and there."

"So there are! How weird is that?" I said, feigning as much shock as I could manage.

"Tilde!" They both shouted, Emma punching me playfully on the arm. I grinned manically and stuffed a piece of pepperoni less pizza in my mouth.

Amy pulled up a grey plastic chair to my bedside and sat down. "Never mind that, we have things to discuss, some things are more important than pizza."

"Don't ever say that again!" I scolded with my mouth full.

Amy continued. "So?"

"So?" I mimicked.

"So..? What happened with Jacob? Did you 'do it'? We want to know everything, all the details and don't leave anything out."

"We didn't do it," I replied breezily. We had a bit of a fumble, which was nice but then just as we were about to do it, I decided I didn't want to. I guess it didn't feel right. Jacob was really understanding about the whole thing. I mean if he'd have been my boyfriend and we had have been going out for a while and got to know each other better and all that, then it would have been perfect, but since I can't make him my boyfriend because..... Well you know why.....it just felt wrong, like it was just sex and I didn't feel comfortable with that. But it's cool, I can live with that."

I looked over at my two amazing friends. Emma had her head down, clutching her slice of pizza but not eating it. They both looked so sad and I suddenly felt awful for making them feel that way. I clapped my hands together and changed the subject.

"Anyhoo... enough of that! Let's talk Go1Den tickets and more importantly, winning them! I had some cool ideas last night while I was stuck in here; I reckon you're going to love..."

"Tilly?" Amy interrupted. "About this Go1Den ticket thing..."

"Listen to this one," I continued, ignoring her. "I thought we could get the lyrics of all the 1D songs ever written, wait for it..... tattooed all over our bodies! How totally wacky would that be? I mean, if anything is going to win us a Go1Den ticket it's tha..."

"Tilly!" Amy sighed in desperation. "That's a terrible idea!"

"Ok," I carried on un-phased. "That's cool, if you're not up for that, I have other ideas. How about a 1D doll throwing contest?"