Every Cloud Has A Go1Den Lining

EVERY CLOUD HAS A GO1DEN LINING

BETH

"I got you a Mojito!" Stacey leant in and shouted in my ear.

"WHAT?"

'"I GOT YOU A MOJITO! COCKTAIL!" I wobbled precariously on Stacey's high heels that Rylan had made me wear as I was jostled by people pushing their way to and from the bar.

"THANKS!" The Candy Shack was heaving with Essex's finest and I was trying to keep a smile plastered on my face even though I was hating every second of it.

"ARE YOU HAVING FUN?" Stacey yelled, so close to my ear I felt a sharp pain in my ear drum. My shoes were rubbing and I was leaning on a high table to try and take the weight off and ease the discomfort slightly.

"HAVING A GREAT TIME!" I watched Rylan throwing some outrageously camp shapes to 'I'm sexy and I know it' on the dance floor.

I wished I hadn't agreed to come out but Rylan and Stacey had begged me until I caved in. They said a night out would cheer me up but I just wished I was at home, hidden under my duvet.

I was still devastated about what happened to my painting, Tom hadn't answered any of my texts since yesterday, he hadn't even said goodbye to me. This was possibly the worst week of my life to date and here I was, trying to stand up in the most uncomfortable shoes ever made, in a skirt that my Dad would probably sarcastically refer to as 'a belt', in a crowded place, being pushed about by drunken people. I was so totally miserable.

Rylan bounced over, grinning from ear to ear. "OH..MY...GOD! I'M LOVIN IT! ARE YOU LOVIN IT BABES?"

"LOVIN IT!" I shouted, giving him a thumbs up and slipping over on one of my heels slightly.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and when I turned around, I came face to face with Kirk the furry diced moron. Just when I thought the evening couldn't get any worse. I turned back to Rylan, hoping I could shoot him a 'Get me out of this' glare, but I was just in time to see him do a theatrical wink and disappear back onto the dance floor with Stacey. Great!

Kirk was swaying about and slurring his words. "I'M SOO DRUNK!" He drawled.

He gripped my arm hard to try and steady himself and fell onto me heavily. It was a good job I was holding onto the table or we both would have gone down. I was so not in the mood for this.

"YOU'RE HOT!"

"THANKS," I said, yanking my skirt down as much as I could to cover my legs which were annoyingly on display. I raised my eyes to the ceiling as I pushed him upright again.

"YOU'RE POSH...BUT YOU'RE HOT..."

"OK,"

Suddenly, he moved around so he was in standing in front of me, swerving from side to side, then he put both of his hands on the table, one either side of me, trapping me.

I leaned in as close as I could to his ear. 'CAN YOU GET OFF ME PLEASE? YOU'RE DRUNK."

"WHAT?" He had a fixed 'beer grin' on his face which was making him look even more stupid.

I moved in close to his ear again. "GET OFF ME."

"WHAT?" Then a second later, he snaked one of his hands down my back and lifted up my skirt. I felt his fingers touch my bum and I jumped in horror.

"GET..THE HELL OFF ME....YOU REPULSIVE APE MAN!" I picked up my mojito and threw it into his face. There were mint leaves and a straw stuck in his hair which would have been comical if it wasn't so tragic.